Email from cart

bigcol

Featured Posts

7 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

Rubbish disposal is available to everyone all year round so it makes no difference to cost if the bins are full upon collection or empty, the bin men have to turn up just the same

Just to expand on that a little

Of course you are correct but, the charge, from the likes of Biffa, is 'per lift', we currently pay £15 + VAT per 'lift', per bin, for our 750 litre bins.

If the rubbish deposited was less (less liveaboards using them) then less bins would be needed, or have fortnightly emptying instead of weekly and therefore less cost to C&RT

Holiday boaters only using their boat odd weekends and a couple of weeks per year are going to produce proportionally much less rubbish during the period of their licence, and could therefore argue that they are subsidising liveaboard boaters.

1 hour ago, Alan de Enfield said:

Just to expand on that a little

Of course you are correct but, the charge, from the likes of Biffa, is 'per lift', we currently pay £15 + VAT per 'lift', per bin, for our 750 litre bins.

If the rubbish deposited was less (less liveaboards using them) then less bins would be needed, or have fortnightly emptying instead of weekly and therefore less cost to C&RT

Holiday boaters only using their boat odd weekends and a couple of weeks per year are going to produce proportionally much less rubbish during the period of their licence, and could therefore argue that they are subsidising liveaboard boaters.

I know '' holiday '' boaters who use CRT bins for rubbish that they bring from home, I seen the bins fill up from empty in a day like this.

Fortnightly bin emptying has been the case in our area for years.

1 hour ago, Steilsteven said:

Fortnightly bin emptying has been the case in our area for years

Presumably you are referring to council emptied bins (paid for by Council Tax).

C&RT and ourselves have to pay a private company to empty our bins, so you are not comparing apples with apples, we could have them emptied daily if we wanted, but it would be at the same price ie £15 per lift per bin

On 27/11/2017 at 16:07, Arthur Marshall said:

The whole idea of who uses the system more is a bit daft.  We all use it as much as we want to, or can.  There's no point in feeling envious of those who potter round it more - it's the boat owner's choice what they do with their time.  I go boating a few weeks in Spring and Autumn and a longer time in summer, but the thing's there whenever i want to go and sit in the peace and quiet and watch other people's boats go by.  What we need is the system in working order whenever we want to use it, and that means all the time for all of us, liveaboards or leisure boaters.

This I agree with. I would happily have paid CRT more (within reason) if I had thought that they would spend my money on me the boater rather than cyclists, walkers and fishermen. They didn't spend my money on improving my boating experience and they would not have spent any increase that I would have paid on improviing my boating experience. I registered my opposition to the way CRT spent my money by selling my boats and depriving CRT of any more of my money.

3 hours ago, Steilsteven said:

You could possibly introduce a coin operated water supply I suppose. That would certainly cut down on water wastage, which must cost CRT thousands over a year, I've quite often seen tanks overflowing for long periods and unnecessary multiple rinsing of sewage holding tanks.

Keith

And taps constantly leaking, I do wonder if it is metered or not or just a flat charge bit like water rates in a house without a meter?

17 minutes ago, ditchcrawler said:

And taps constantly leaking, I do wonder if it is metered or not or just a flat charge bit like water rates in a house without a meter?

Be interesting to find out. Seems they have to deal with many water companies.

Interestingly they made in 2003 they made 2.5 million selling andoving water in Bristol and Cheshire.

I can't find a recent figure but do know last year they made 27 million in utilities and water income.

On 29/11/2017 at 18:17, Alan de Enfield said:

Presumably you are referring to council emptied bins (paid for by Council Tax).

C&RT and ourselves have to pay a private company to empty our bins, so you are not comparing apples with apples, we could have them emptied daily if we wanted, but it would be at the same price ie £15 per lift per bin

No I'm talking about CRT bins.

18 minutes ago, Steilsteven said:

No I'm talking about CRT bins.

Ah-OK they obviously do not get much use around you then.

The C&RT bins around us are emptied weekly at worst, and some appear to be twice a week.

Our marina has 5x 1000 litre 'general waste' and 2 x 1000 litre 'recycle' wheely-bins and they are emptied weekly