haza

Featured Posts

for those who maybe interested ...last week i had my aldi comfort serviced ..and i got to say what a big difference it has made heating wise ...where i use to have it turned to no7 i no longer have to do that no4 will do ..

it had not been serviced for about 4 years ..all parts were checked out.. jets unblocked  ,before it was done when it was set on no7 the rads were very hot to the touch ...after service the rads were hot to the touch on no4 ...so it must have been worth while ...

1 hour ago, haza said:

for those who maybe interested ...last week i had my aldi comfort serviced ..and i got to say what a big difference it has made heating wise ...where i use to have it turned to no7 i no longer have to do that no4 will do ..

But does it go to 11?

Its funny, i used graham cutmore to service mine, he (or the person working under his name) said no need to turn upto 7 and 4 or 5 will give the same output...

He said its worth doing every year to clean all the burning bits due to spiders and bugs climbing down into the guts and getting clogged up.

Mine has been out of commission this year due to fitting new pipework and rads, but when i do prime it i might just get another service, cant hurt for the sake of £100.

13 hours ago, haza said:

it had not been serviced for about 4 years ..all parts were checked out.. jets unblocked  ,before it was done when it was set on no7 the rads were very hot to the touch ...after service the rads were hot to the touch on no4 ...so it must have been worth while ...

"when it was set on no7 the rads were very hot to the touch ..."

Could you have missed a word out?  "not very hot" would make more sense?

1 minute ago, mross said:

"when it was set on no7 the rads were very hot to the touch ..."

Could you have missed a word out?  "not very hot" would make more sense?

I understood the comment as, after the service, turning it up to no.4 produced the same temperature which he'd previously needed to turn it all the way up to no.7 to achieve.

hi guys ..as much as i would like to spend my time on here mike things have got to be done ..lol and as for who serviced my aldi ...it was done by a very nice guy called kevin from anglo welsh ..top man .and you where right mr payne ...i was told there was no need to have it on number 7 as 5 will do the same trick ..if anyone wants kevs number pm me ...and for those who dont or can not understand what i write .dont worry about it ...i use too but i dont anymore ...my psychiatrist said there are worst things to worry about in life then that ...we are not all blessed with perfik vocabulary