Live aboard moorings on the river Wey

Nick Best

Featured Posts

15 minutes ago, Nick Best said:

And now that you are 12 you think you know everything , education is a wonderful thing .

As I get older the more I realise how little I know

In fact the more I learn the more I realise how little I know

Edited by tree monkey
Cause I can
  • Greenie 1

21 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

He was never as good after The Jam

Paul Weller purchased a Narrowboat for his Mum, they moored it in Pyrford Marina(true) is that Karma or topic coincidence?  

I Don't they lived aboard it, probably used it for music practice, :)or Jam Sessions? 

Edited by cereal tiller
  • Greenie 1

3 minutes ago, cereal tiller said:

Paul Weller purchased a Narrowboat for his Mum, they moored it in Pyrford Marina(true) is that Karma or topic coincidence?  

I Don't they lived aboard it, probably used it for music practice, :)or Jam Sessions? 

Well obviously didn't live aboard because thats against the RULES

:)

1 hour ago, Mac of Cygnet said:

Rules and honesty are two completely different things.  There are many, many businesses that do not put profit before honesty, but rules can be broken or bent without compromising one's honesty.

This was a prerequisite for liveaboard life in years gone by, boaters keeping their heads down on an effort to go unnoticed. If you asked the residential question in most marinas back then, it would generally be the end of the conversation, only to find out later that on a nod and a wink, the well behaved liveaboard became both welcome and invisible. 

13 hours ago, Nick Best said:

Discretion? Does that mean do as you like and two fingers up to the rules ? Why not?

No.

It means you don't come onto public forums and make stupid posts.

13 hours ago, Nick Best said:

No more than any person or supposedly responsible company / organisation turning a blind eye in the interest of making money. We must never forget that profit is far more important than rules or honesty. Tingdene are a prime example of that.

Hmmmm.

Yes.

Looks like a bad case of sour grapes to me doctor.

• Greenie 3
  • Happy 1

On 10/10/2017 at 09:06, Mac of Cygnet said:

Rules and honesty are two completely different things.  There are many, many businesses that do not put profit before honesty, but rules can be broken or bent without compromising one's honesty.

So does the team think Ting Dene are behaving dishonestly here as the OP seems to be alleging?

I don't. 

On 10/10/2017 at 09:24, tree monkey said:

As I get older the more I realise how little I know

In fact the more I learn the more I realise how little I know

I find this too. And curiously, 12 was the age at which I knew everything. Ever since, the effect you describe has grown ever stronger.

6 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

So does the team think Ting Dene are behaving dishonestly here as the OP seems to be alleging?

I don't. 

I find this too. And curiously, 12 was the age at which I knew everything. Ever since, the effect you describe has grown ever stronger.

Nothing is dishonest or unusual in Ting denes approach to business, fairly standard on the face of it. The motive behind the original post, however...

1 hour ago, BWM said:

Nothing is dishonest or unusual in Ting denes approach to business, fairly standard on the face of it. The motive behind the original post, however...

Exactly.  Tingdene are being flexible and accommodating, two words which the OP would not recognise, as they do not sit well with 'petty' and 'bitter'.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, cereal tiller said:

If the OP had Style he would keep his  Council on this matter

• Greenie 1

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm a fairly new moorer there. I would be quite suprised if non staff livaboards are there, it's a smallish relatively intimate place and when I started making inquiries the message is got over that's it's leisure only. Which is 100% fine by me as I don't ever have any intention of living in a boat in a marina.

PS I think the respondants are collectively being a bit harsh on the OP!

Edited by mark99