Jabsco parmax4

Pastida@1

Featured Posts

I've got a Parmax 3 which I think has now been discontinued. As far as I can remember it's just a low pressure one. The high pressure Parmax 4 has a cut out pressure of 40psi. I'm not sure why you'd need that much pressure?

If this price includes VAT it's a bit cheaper...

https://www.limekilnchandlers.co.uk/jabsco-parmax-4-water-pump.html

Mine is 8 litres I think, but 5 should be ok, it will probably just mean the pump cycles more often. Make sure it's stainless or epoxy coated inside otherwise it will rot fairly quickly. The household central heating type accumulators are not stainless inside because CH antifreeze/rust inhibitor prevents corrosion. They look the same but they are not suitable for freshwater systems.

The Parmax 2.9 will be fine as long as you're not using multiple outlets simultaneously. The higher flow pumps will deal with that better.

Edited by blackrose

With the new water pump switched off and the taps open (to relieve pressure in the system) set your accumulator tank to 3 or 4 psi below the pump's cut in pressure with a tyre pressure gauge. 

The only disadvantage I can think of with the high pressure pump you showed us in your original post, is that 40psi (2.8bar) is getting quite close to the setting of the typical 3 bar pressure relief valves that you get on top of most calorifiers (assuming you have one). This might mean that a PRV which opened at a slightly lower pressure combined with a pump with a cut out at a slightly higher pressure could force the PRV to weep continuously and waste your hot water.   

Edited by blackrose