Mr. Angry of Barton Turns

noddyboater

Featured Posts

A quick word of warning about one of the most unpleasant people you'll ever meet.. 

We followed a boat down the T&M recently that was struggling with locks as the lady had a knackered back and her partner was out of action with a serious illness. She was trying to get to Burton as her Mother had passed away, so not exactly a happy trip. As we passed the entrance to B.Turns marina I saw her boat tied up just after the houses on the towpath, with a bald angry chap waving his arms around and shouting loudly. I pulled alongside to hear "I'll cut your F-ing ropes, and I'll smash your F-ing boat up" 

I'd realised by now she'd moored on the restricted part behind the houses where Mr Twat obviously lived, but only by half a boat length. I had a word with him and suggested they were having a bad enough time without his threats, but he just carried on ranting at me instead. "My mum and dad were water gypsies, I know all about it, but you lot give boaters a bad name" more swearing, more threatening behaviour, then he went away and came back with a bull terrier! (Which was actually very cute) 

We moved the boat a few yards for the couple who were very upset at this point, she thanked us and admitted she hadn't seen the sign. As we left, Mr. Shit-for-brains was still marching up and down shouting "Traveller me, Traveller.."

Ok, they were in the wrong place, and maybe he's had problems before, but a tap on the window and a friendly word would have been far less stressful all round. 

Yep a first class plonker. I luv meeting em but luckily they are few and far between. The boat possibly restricted his view from his house since the new canal was dug there after his house was built :o oh no wait a minute................

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

Well done helping them out, he surrounds horrendous, they must have been quite shaken up. Hopefully they will have informed the police as they ought to be aware of his threatening behaviour.

Looking at the thread title I am tempted to add "and clears off".

I agree with Mrs. Viking, this sounds like threatening behaviour, and a few words from P.C. Plod might calm him down and make him realise that he is not the God Of The Canal.

Mrs Noddyboater did want to call the Police and had a troubled night hoping they were alright. I thought the couple probably didn't want any more excitement and attention from 'you know who'  after the Police had left.  I can't be sure exactly which house he was from, I think it was the tarted up one, recently painted white. There's an easy way to find out if you're passing! 

5 minutes ago, noddyboater said:

Mrs Noddyboater did want to call the Police and had a troubled night hoping they were alright. I thought the couple probably didn't want any more excitement and attention from 'you know who'  after the Police had left.  I can't be sure exactly which house he was from, I think it was the tarted up one, recently painted white. There's an easy way to find out if you're passing! 

Blimey, it was Voldemort, no wonder he was angry

15 minutes ago, Tesla said:

If it is the house I am thinking of, the "no mooring" signs don't look like official signage to me?

They'll make excellent kindling for the old rubber and sulphur that needs to be burnt on the stove in the evening .................:giggles:

I think we came across this fellow last week as we were heading down the lock - a bald guy with a bull terrier was walking up the towpath back towards the marina - our two dogs were tied up to the fence by the lock and the guy seemed to be taking some delight in his dog's aggressive reaction to them.   I think there are mental health issues here. 

1 hour ago, Neil2 said:

I think we came across this fellow last week as we were heading down the lock - a bald guy with a bull terrier was walking up the towpath back towards the marina - our two dogs were tied up to the fence by the lock and the guy seemed to be taking some delight in his dog's aggressive reaction to them.   I think there are mental health issues here. 

Fair enough, if he has mental health issues then he has enough problems to be getting on with. I don't have any :blush: well not too many at present but thank myself lucky in that department.

Are mental health issues an excuse for bad behaviour?

Is a suggestion of mental health issues often used to excuse bad behaviour, even when there is no actual mental health issue?

Is it possible that someone behaving badly is just a nasty piece of work, rather than having a mental health problem?

Is a tendency to behave badly, and generally be a nasty piece of work, a mental health issue in itself?

Just throwing a few things out there............

Just now, Richard10002 said:

Are mental health issues an excuse for bad behaviour?

Is a suggestion of mental health issues often used to excuse bad behaviour, even when there is no actual mental health issue?

Is it possible that someone behaving badly is just a nasty piece of work, rather than having a mental health problem?

Is a tendency to behave badly, and generally be a nasty piece of work, a mental health issue in itself?

Just throwing a few things out there............

No.

Yes.

Absolutely.

No.

Better out than in.

• Love 1

Mental health issues may explain bad behaviour, but are not an excuse for it. In fact, it's important that the person experiences the appropriate consequences of their behaviour, such as an encounter with the police after threatening actions.

For once on this forum, I speak as a professional in this field...