Adverts in signature

Ssscrudddy

Featured Posts

If you have not already referred to them, the Site Rules & Guidelines contain I think all you need to know.

https://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

Extracts as below:

ETHOS

The Canal World Discussion Forums website (‘CWDF’ or ‘the site’) is an extensive online resource where registered members generate content and participate in discussions where they can find advice on all matters relating to the inland waterways of the United Kingdom. We want our members to enjoy their time on our forum just as much as they do their time on water. It is therefore required that members be respectful and civil in all communications on the site. CWDF provides an inclusive online waterways-focused environment suitable for all ages and the nature of the language and images used must reflect this. CWDF is funded solely by voluntary donations from its members and remains free of advertisements.

RULES AND GUIDELINES REGARDING ADVERTISING

Commercial advertising is not permitted anywhere on CWDF, this includes user profiles, postings and messages unless otherwise agreed by the site owner.

Postings about commercial products and services are permitted within the context of topical discussion.

A single link to a personal and non-commercial website, such as a blog or personal site, is allowed in a members signature.

Private for-sale adverts are permitted but must be posted in the dedicated sections provided, and are subject to moderator approval.

Members are permitted to place useful links to both commercial and personal websites in the Links Directory, under the relevant section. Note: this is not intended to house adverts or links to commercial sites in which the member has a vested interest.

The Site Owner may otherwise permit advertising at his sole discretion, including links to personal businesses or commercial interests may be allowed in your signature on application to the Site Owner. Please use the email address 'advertisments@canalworld.net' for this purpose.

In summary, you can start a thread in the for sale area containing a link to the listing or your eBay page. In your signature you can place a link to a personal site in your signature, which could in turn have a link to your eBay page I suppose.

Ultimately the intention is to allow reasonable free use if the site, without it becoming full of commercial advertising and bulky signatures.

Daniel

Quite so. It is evidently a grey area, and I think you're the only person who can give a yea or a nay to SSScrudddy. Perhaps it depends on what sort of things he wishes to advertise, and whether they are personal possessions or business stock.

3 minutes ago, Ssscrudddy said:

I want to make rope fenders & sell them on ebay, already sold a couple. I did read the rules, but seeing as some peeps have links to their business in their sigs I felt the need to ask.

...and that's very courteous of you, thank you. I can see no objection, but in each individual case DHutch, as site owner, has the final say.

40 minutes ago, Ssscrudddy said:

I want to make rope fenders & sell them on ebay, already sold a couple. I did read the rules, but seeing as some peeps have links to their business in their sigs I felt the need to ask.

Will there be a discount for forum members? ;)

9 minutes ago, Dave_P said:

Will there be a discount for forum members? ;)

They're already cheap enough & dont reflect the amount of work involved.

I assumed I couldnt put it in the for slae cuz of this bit

Commercial use prohibited 
This forum has been provided for members of the Canal World Disucssion forums to buy and sell items privately. Any commercial advertisements will not be approved.