Leighton Buzzard moorings

monkeyhanger

Featured Posts

At various times I have left boats on the 14 day moorings in the town centre between the bridge and the Tesco mooring (but its only long enough for 1-2 boats), beyond the long term moorings / Wyvern yard towards Leighton Lock and near the Globe Inn.  No problems at any of these locations.

I'd also suggest the stretch just south of the Globe.  Alternatively there are usually other boats around just south of LB lock (between the lock and Wyvern) and we have moored up there and left the boat with no problems.  Another option is up at Three Locks (where there are long term moorings on the offside) where there are 14-day moorings opposite (a few shorter-term moorings closer to the pub, but chug past them).  

1 minute ago, tommytelford said:

I was advised by a local fireman not to leave my boat at the mooring near Tesco as the car park has a bit of an unsavoury crowd during te evening. we have moored near Grove Lock on several occasions without any problem

The Tesco shoppers who descend on the store for the reduced bargains can be vicious if you stand in front of the cabinet for longer than 30 seconds without moving at least 3 items around and picking a couple up.

All of Leighton Buzzard is safe for mooring your boat. Even outside Tesco there's not been any trouble since I've been living in the area. Once some kids jumped on a boat and jumped back off again. That was all.

Personally, and maybe because I know it best, I'd say moor either opposite The Globe by the bridge/Anglian Water or near the pub on pins along the grassy edge. In winter you can moor on the rings immediately outside the pub for more than 48 hours but not this time of year. Never known any trouble round there for boats.