Old threads

haggis

Featured Posts

is there any way that an old thread can be noted as such when it is resurrected years later?  I am sort of confined to barracks at the moment after a knee op so I am on here more than I usually am and I see what appears to be a new topic, open it and start reading then later find that I am reading something which was written years ago but a new post has been added on the end. If someone decides to resurrect a thread (usually for good  reasons) which had the last message say over  a year ago, is there any way this can be flagged up in the heading?

Thanks, haggis

Edited by haggis
  • Greenie 1

Well, the date of each post is usually clearly marked, although recently a member could not see an "edited" note on his screen, so perhaps you don't see these dates on yours?

In what way does it matter? If you have something interesting to say about, say, an Ecofan, it will be of equal interest if the previous post was made ten minutes ago or in 2011.

I only see the topic heading, who has posted most recently and how many minutes since they posted. Nothing which indicates how old the thread is.  I suppose it doesn't really matter but changes in technology may mean that something which was recommended 3 years ago is now not so useful. However, what prompted me to ask the question was a thread this morning about water heaters. I started reading it (not noticing the date :-) ) , saw a post from Deans and thought, " I haven't seen anything form Dean for ages, but now he is posting again, he is obviously OK" Then I realised that he had posted in that thread years ago. A small point but it made me wonder if there is a solution.

How is DeanS anyway? have't heard form him for ages and I wonder how he and the other boaters in that marina are getting on.

haggis