Did Lucy ever get rebuilt/restored?

Kwacker

Featured Posts

16 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Still work in progress I believe.

Excellent news! I'd been wondering about this recently after obtaining an old copy of the WACT magazine Wey South (Spring 2000) which had a photo on the front cover of various Southern Canals Assoc folks on a visit to the W & A canal. Pete Boyce was in the picture amongst them. Some years later we went to a presentation he gave locally on the recovery of Lucy and the plans to restore her.

Richard

From here: http://blisworth.org.uk/images/Payler Albums/Barlow/Barlow.htm

When sold by Sir John Knill to Barlow's in 1955 Lucy was paired with Neptune. 

Neptune and Lucy were crewed by the Humphris family for approximately six years?

Restoration of Lucy: http://www.nurser.co.uk/construction/alphabetical-index-of-boats/lucy/lucy-restoration/

B%2023c%20Lucy.jpg

Edited by Ray T

3 hours ago, Laurence Hogg said:

Whilst we know the future is good for "Lucy" where on earth has "Neptune" disappeared to? No recent sightings of this motor for over 20 odd years and back then it was in excellent order, so where did it go?

Laurence, I have made some inquiries. Did Neptune go to the K & A? If so, at some point I am informed she may have been renamed Almighty and at some subsequent date broken up.

If I get to know any more I will let you know.

Edited by Ray T

15 minutes ago, Ray T said:

Laurence, I have made some inquiries. Did Neptune go to the K & A? If so, at some point I am informed she may have been renamed Almighty and at some subsequent date broken up.

If I get to know any more I will let you know.

Almighty was owned by a well known poster on CWDF.

I thought it was originally Grus, though, not Neptune, unless other histories are inaccurate.

Both Alan and Laurence are correct. Almighty was the CUCCC boat Grus, and she was owned by Chris Pink. and was kept on the westrn end of the K&A.  The wooden hull was in a gradually deteriorating condition, despite Chris working hard to keep it watertight.