Fitting a Webasto

Johny London

Featured Posts

9 hours ago, NMEA said:

Bit early to make any informed comment yet Nick, However the Evo has been used in vehicles for a long time now without major issues, I am fitting one to my New Shogun and am not concerned. If you are putting six decent sized rads in a cabin and want hot water also I would be looking at a Kabola Compact 7 Combi to be honest.

Thanks for the reply. I had looked at the Kabola but a bit out my price range thanks again. 

• 9 months later...

Just thought a fitting addition to this thread, I finally got around to lagging my Webasto exhaust pipes. While I was at it I took the silencer off to turn it around (so the drain hole which I now know about is pointing down not up* - yet strangely this means the logos are upside down?). Plus I wanted to see if there was any condensation in there. All bone dry and it was hard to remove the exhausts with the silencer sealant I had used. 

To my surprise, some of the sealant on each side of the exhaust had expanded so much that the hoses were almost blocked - yet of cours it's been running ok. As a precaution I took the end off at the heater, which also had a big clod in it. The skin fitting looked clear so left that.

All back together nice and neat now.

* I blocked the hole up for fear of fumes creeping in, and because the whole system was totally bone dry anyway - but I can easily poke it through if I ever want to check then seal again if necessary.

DSC_0002.JPG

Edited by Johny London

• 4 months later...

Amazing thread, I think I’ve read it 3 times through. I’m about to plumb pipes and rads to a new Webasto fitted by boat builder in engine bay. I’m going for 5x type 22 rads at 1073w each plus a smaller one in bathroom and aiming for 5.7kw (thermo top c). 
how does this sound? Also trying to gain more information on the actual commissioning of system. 
if anyone can point me towards more info in this I would be grateful. Thanks