Featured Posts

19 hours ago, RLWP said:

Wow, scarier than I remember!

Richard

You were on the back deck - which was on the main line of canal - it probably didn't look that scary from there!

21 hours ago, Tesla said:

Evening all!

Reading various posts it seems the general wisdom is that stopping between Catherine de Barnes and Curdworth is not advisable, except perhaps at Star City? So a couple of questions-

1 - do you/can you book a mooring at Star City?

2 - if full are there any alternatives? 

3 - Which part of Curdworth specifically is good before/after the locks etc? 

Cheers,

Bernie

Going back to the OP

Whilst it doesn't look promising, I spent the night moored above Garrison Locks on a mooring on the off-side after CRT rescued me from the top lock. I'd become jammed on a lorry tyre and it was going dark - I had no trouble at all, although there wasn't exactly much by way of entertainment nearby so I stayed on board

22 hours ago, Tim Lewis said:

We have moored next to the Tyburn House pub a couple of times without any problems. The pub is nothing special but was friendly.

Tim

It's not in the best of areas but like with anywhere it's down to luck as to who is about, but at least in the morning you can pop across the road to Greggs and get your breakfast :).

Had a good days cruise from Catherine de Barnes and didn't feel the need to stop until Curdworth. No trouble anywhere, plenty on friendly locals and some interesting sights.

Edited by Tesla
  • Greenie 1