A memorable trip for all the wrong reasons

mayalld

Featured Posts

Hi all,

firstly, can I say thank you to all who have sent messages of sympathy, whether here or by PM, or via friends of friends. They were hugely appreciated, and in some cases all the more so coming from those I have locked horns with in the past.

Friday went as OK as such things can, despite an early morning attempt by the grave to do an impression of a Macclesfield canal bank, as the wall collapsed! The grave digger assures me that when he arrived on Friday morning, the water was deeper than typically found on the Macc...

Anyway, it was standing room only in church, what with family, former colleagues, neighbours, and a gaggle of boating friends (and friends who used to be boaters, including Kiki who used to post here), and much eating, drinking and catching up followed. It helped a lot to remember the good times.

Of course, the time up to the funeral is the easy time. You are too busy to reflect too much. Afterwards can be different!

I'm back at work, and keeping busy, doing all the things in an evening that I usually do. One or two little wobbles like "no, I won't stay for another, I need to get home to Bev", and stopping on the way home from work yesterday to buy her favourite sweets, but I am really fortunate that I'm close to my stepdaughter and her family, so we will get through.

In response to a couple of comments....

I will still be boating (either single handed or assisted by a grandson)

I will still be posting here (and I will, I am sure, still be opinionated)

Thanks to you all.

Dave

2 hours ago, mayalld said:

I will still be boating 

Dave

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who is pleased to read both those pieces of news.

4 hours ago, mayalld said:

Hi all,

firstly, can I say thank you to all who have sent messages of sympathy, whether here or by PM, or via friends of friends. They were hugely appreciated, and in some cases 

In response to a couple of comments....

I will still be boating (either single handed or assisted by a grandson)

Thanks to you all.

Dave

Good on ya Dave, have courage to face the future.

Edited by Ray T

So saddened to hear this, our loved ones are never truely gone, but have taken there place in the great circle of life. May her spirit sail with you to many a gorgeous sunset.

Love Chop& Glenda x

Edited by Chop!