Alternator s

haza

Featured Posts

Hi peeps started of this morning  from norbury ,,got to gnossal ..battery light came on pulled over  checked belts ok ..only changed last month ..limped to Wheaton Aston , some very kind knowledgable  guy very kindly spent half hour finding out which one it was ,he put is magic wand on the two alternators ,turned out it was the starter one ..which is 75amp are you still with me there's more ,,when I replace the crap one some told us we don't need a 75 amp one , but I  would say whats been there for  7 years just replace with the same ,,or was he righ to say that ,,so I am at brewood at the moment heading for oxeley marina ,,to see if they can help ,,,but if anyone is passing and have said one for sale please drop me a email ..also  if oxeley can not help would I be ok to carry. One as I have to be at hawne basin for Friday ,,using it as it is will it do much harm ,,as you can tell not very mick  can e cull .minded   Thanks for letting me bore you regards 

Fine to carry on but after starting stick a jump lead between engine and domestic battery positives and take it off just before stopping. Take care not to create a short circuit to any metal with the clips.

That way you will still be charging your engine battery and can probably go on fro weeks.

Once up to the charging voltage at which voltage regulation takes place then its the BATTERIES that control the amps flowing so you can fit A 90 amp one but it will only charge a little faster. Anyway the engine battery will be fully charged (with working alternators) within half an hour  so its all a but academic.

I suspect its the ubiquitous 70 Amp A127 and to buy one with a lower output may well cost you more - Yes a smaller alternator will do the job but in my view it was an irrelevant comment - ignore it.

Thanks  tony I take on board of what you said thanks a lot .not knowing anything about amps voltage and all other terminology .thanks again ,,I was just a bit concerned abt using it ,I will get it done hopefully at marina tomorrow ,,,