Suzie_Q's new look

Suzie_q

Featured Posts

Hi All.

After over 6 months Suzie_q is back at the marina and just about to set off on our three week trip to Llangollen.

Can't say enough about the great job Andy and Darren did at JD Narrow Boats on giving Suzie_Q the paint job she deserved.

Andy has pointed out that he is "NEVER" going to use that paint again, but we are glad he did it for us.

Also got to thank Clare Norton for the wonderful sign writting.

And before you all ask, yes it is the same boat in both pictures. Both the base colour, the panals and the coach lines are in flip paint, so that it changes colour as it passes you.

Give us a wave if you see us in the next three weeks. (Don't think you can miss us really. :D:D)

Kev & Sue

IMG-20170728-WA0001.jpg.ef6a2d4e210c2437f28fa658f086d096.jpgIMG-20170728-WA0000.jpg.68536496057d2922b2ec143da0f976c7.jpg

• Love 1

48 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Front end looks good too as you came up Fradley behind me.

Thanks all. Lots of comments as we went through Fradley. 

Matty40s. Didn't realise it was you. Maybe we will catch you up and you can see the rest. 

Have realised with all the comments that there are a lot more readers of the forum than contributors. 

Edited by Suzie_q

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, magpie patrick said:

Do you have to make sure the paint is the right way up? It could affect the colour change if the pot is back to front when you touch up

Luckily the can only.opens from the top so it's always right way round.

• Greenie 1

11 hours ago, Canal Cuttings said:

The great Fougasse summed it up before the War:

Fougasse.jpg

Now there's a name I never expected to see on CWDF. I still have the book 'You Have Been Warned' by Fougasse and McCulloch, which belonged to my Dad and which I remember reading and enjoying as a child. I have never seen anything else by them, but those cartoons aren't in that book.

I wonder why a cartoonist named himself after a French loaf.