Do you want the good news or the bad news?

magictime

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, magictime said:

Funny old world innit?

Some of you will be aware from my recent thread in the Virtual Pub that I had a brain haemorrhage a few weeks ago (thanks again to those who sent their good wishes, by the way).

I'm pleased to say I seem to be recovering well. Still walking with a stick due to minor balance/coordination issues, still getting daily headaches, and my right hand still isn't 100%, but I'm optimistic about recovering further; and honestly, if I never get any better than I am right now, I think I'll be able to do most things I want to do (except play an instrument, which will take a bit of adjustment).

Also going in the 'positives' column today: Legal and General just phoned to say they're going to pay out on a Life and Critical Illness policy we took out around 20 years ago, at the same time as our first mortgage. At a stroke (b'doom tish!) this means we're in a position to start shopping around for our long-dreamed-of liveaboard narrowboat over the next few months, rather than having to wait till we sell the family home next year. It also improves our chances of actually having enough money to live on when we move aboard!

Talk about a rollercoaster...

Hope your recovery is a speedy one, and wish you a long and happy life afloat. Living afloat cures most things :)

1 hour ago, Dyertribe said:

Glad to hear you are getting better. I'm sure your attitude has a lot to do with the speed of your recovery.

I'm a firm believer in a positive attitude when trying to get past a serious illness; and apparently quite a few Doctors and nurses do as well.  At my last check-up the Doctor actually said one of the main reasons my stay in the hospital  earlier this year was as short as it was (I didn't think 7 weeks was a short time) was down to my positive attitude and my determination to get well enough to leave.

So glad to hear things are working out for you and you are well on the road to recovery.  Don't fret about walking with a stick, I still do on the tow path, but am getting stronger little by little and am aiming to be rid of it by winter (fingers crossed)