Jump to content
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
BruceinSanity

Stonebridge Lock

Featured Posts

I'm told Stonebridge Lock is closed following a sinking according to FB, but don't know any more than that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There are two, side by side, unless one has been filled with continuous up and downers. 

Edited by matty40s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, matty40s said:

There are two, side by side, unless one has been filled with continuous up and downers. 

Do you mean locks or sunk boats

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, BruceinSanity said:

I'm told Stonebridge Lock is closed following a sinking according to FB, but don't know any more than that.

Lots of pictures on Facebook, it was going uphill.

Tim

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Single boat going uphill could easily get a button caught in the square holes in the top gates. Usuallyavoided with 2 boats in a lock.

They have the same recess's at Northgate locks...i don't like them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, junior said:

Single boat going uphill could easily get a button caught in the square holes in the top gates. Usuallyavoided with 2 boats in a lock.

They have the same recess's at Northgate locks...i don't like them!

The lock is 95ft by 19ft, so I think anything easily getting caught or stuck on the lock structure would be very hard or done by a very careless boater.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.