Free mooring spots Between Hatton and Warwick?

Ayesha walker

Featured Posts

I am currently moored just by Hatton train station on the grand union. This weekend I'm planning to do the Hatton flight of locks. I was wondering if anybody knew whether there were good places to moor after Hatton locks but before Warwick that allowed you to free moor seven or 14 days. 

18 minutes ago, matty40s said:

From the bottom of the locks to the 2 Warwick locks has a long stretch of 14 day towpath moorings. By the top lock is the Cape pub, well worth a visit.

Lots of space between the bottom of Hatton and the Saltisford Arm. Aren't the Cape visitor moorings (pub to the next bridge) 48 hours though?  

14 minutes ago, peter n said:

Lots of space between the bottom of Hatton and the Saltisford Arm. Aren't the Cape visitor moorings (pub to the next bridge) 48 hours though?  

Yes I think hey are.  Botton of Hatton or before the road bridge on the approach to Cape are 14 day.

6 minutes ago, peter n said:

The Cape visitor mooring are 48 hrs. From Hatton Bottom lock there is towpath mooring to the Saltisford arm. After bridge 51 the towpath has a lot of concrete and I'm not sure you would get pins in. Between bride 50A and 50 the towpath is not good (getting pins in) apart from one small section of armco - about 2 boats can get in. This has no signs so is likely to be 14 day. From bridge 50 to the cape pub is the visitor mooring which are 48 hrs.

We were up there last week and there were a couple of boats moored between Cape top and bottom lock. There were also quiet a few boats moored between the cape bottom lock towards bridges 49A and 49.

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

From the bottom of the locks to the 2 Warwick locks has a long stretch of 14 day towpath moorings. By the top lock is the Cape pub, well worth a visit.

Which 14-day moorings come complete with some absolutely laden wild plum trees. We have 8 jars of plum jam from them, but there's plenty left.

MP.

You can moor pretty much everywhere from Cape locks up to Kate Boats.  The section opposite the hospital suffers a bit from road noise and there's a section that has a play area one side and a commercial bakery the other side.  Both can be a little noisy at certain times of the day and the aroma from the bakery makes you want to go and by cakes !!

There's a Sainsbury's close to Saltisford which can also be reached from the Cape area.  Also a Co-op and local shops on the Woodloes. 

On 09/08/2017 at 21:17, Ayesha walker said:

I am currently moored just by Hatton train station on the grand union. This weekend I'm planning to do the Hatton flight of locks. I was wondering if anybody knew whether there were good places to moor after Hatton locks but before Warwick that allowed you to free moor seven or 14 days. 

Please.

It is a RAILWAY station, not an, ahem, 'train' station.

Trains may, or may not stop, at the railway station.

The word 'station' does not need qualifing when used in a railway context.

The use of the expression 'train station' (ugh!) when describing a railway station is yet another example of the creeping Americanisation of our langauge.

14 minutes ago, Victor Vectis said:

Trains may, or may not stop, at the railway station.

The word 'station' does not need qualifing when used in a railway context.

The use of the expression 'train station' (ugh!) when describing a railway station is yet another example of the creeping Americanisation of our langauge.

So presumably a bus station should be called a road station?

Don

3 hours ago, Tonka said:

But we were the first to have underground train station's right

Wrong. 

We had underground stations. Nowadays often called tube stations but never, as far as I can tell, underground train stations. What else is going to stop there?

• 2 weeks later...