At Aldermaston - where to stop next?

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

Last weeks push got Lutine clear of the Thames, this was useful as I felt that Oxford to about Aldermaston would be difficult territory to leave the boat and go back to work, and the difficulty of finding anywhere to leave the boat on the Oxford extended that still further, in the event to Heyford. Lutine is now in a place where I can, if needs be, go one day at a time getting back to work in the meantime. 

I'm heading back to the boat on Friday, with the plan to move for one day on Saturday. Someone suggested Woolhampton but other than complying with any CC regs this seems a bit pointless, it's only about two miles! Where would be a good place to get to where I can repeat the trick of tying her up (with moorings pins but on a decent length of bank not tooo far from a road, say 400 yards) for another week or so.

I'm hoping the bank holiday weekend will see another push for 3 or 4 days, although events elsewhere may rule that out

Destination Dundas is beginning to look achievable, even with this recalcitrant engine...