Haza

haza

Featured Posts

Hi every one .I am thinking of adding to my existing solar panels .i cannot see the make of the control box but if I could explain what it looks like maybe someone could tell me which one I have .it is 12inch long by 9inch deep blue in colour with this written on it ,solar charge controller ,emppt series with maximum power point tracking , I would put a photo up but I'm not very savvy on how to do that ,,could I just add too the 2x100w panels I have or not I'm sorry but I don't have any idea on how to go about  this thanks for reading 

6 minutes ago, haza said:

Hi every one .I am thinking of adding to my existing solar panels .i cannot see the make of the control box but if I could explain what it looks like maybe someone could tell me which one I have .it is 12inch long by 9inch deep blue in colour with this written on it ,solar charge controller ,emppt series with maximum power point tracking , I would put a photo up but I'm not very savvy on how to do that ,,could I just add too the 2x100w panels I have or not I'm sorry but I don't have any idea on how to go about  this thanks for reading 

prob written on the back of the device, should be at least a model number, etc.

Really there is not enough information.

If you can't provide a photo then Could I suggest that you unmount the box and look on the back if it's a known make then the info should be on it somewhere. 

Also if you can take a photo then you could try using Google image search here. 

https://www.google.com/intl/es419/insidesearch/features/images/searchbyimage.html

http://www.chinasolarregulator.com/user-manual/emppt-30.pdf

Adding panels will depend on the spec of your current ones and also what you are intending to add. 

If it is the one in the link, there appears to be two models, you will have to determine which you have, and what panels too. 

Edited by rusty69

5 minutes ago, haza said:

Yes that's the one rusty I have 2x100w panels I was told I could add a 130w to them .but like me the person who told me this was no to sure about this 

You will need a bit more info. The panel voltage and current  (maybe on the back of the panel) 

And which controller you have:

eMPPT3024Z

eMPPT3048

Edited by rusty69

On 7/31/2017 at 17:24, haza said:

Yes that's the one rusty I have 2x100w panels I was told I could add a 130w to them .but like me the person who told me this was no to sure about this 

Is it your intention to add the 130w to the 2x100w panels? 

If so then it's a bad idea to mix different types, or panels of differing specs together. 

Also how are the current panels connected parallel or series? This is important to know if you intend adding to them. 

Edited by RichM
Image removed as requested by poster.

6 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm curious about why the thread title is "Haza", when the content is about adding solar panels.

I suppose the OP could stick with his current convention by changing his screen name to Solar Panel, but it could get tedious if he has a lot of questions. ;)

• Haha 1