Best place to get diesel - eastern K&A

nicknorman

Featured Posts

We are coming down the Thames to turn onto the K&A and will need diesel soon. I'm aware that prices round here tend to be much higher than we are used to in the Midlands (currently 61p at our marina). Any recommendations for a source of diesel at a reasonable price round here please?

28 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

We are coming down the Thames to turn onto the K&A and will need diesel soon. I'm aware that prices round here tend to be much higher than we are used to in the Midlands (currently 61p at our marina). Any recommendations for a source of diesel at a reasonable price round here please?

Pat at Greenham Island Services Newbury is very reasonable for diesel, if you have enough to get there. 

Stop off at "Better Boats" on the left on the Thames just before you get to Kennet Mouth. He claims to sell the cheapest diesel anywhere. I'm never entirely convinced about this but yes he is a sensible price. Nice bloke but can be a miserable geezer though who enjoys a thoroughly good moan, so don't ask for example how business is, or you'll be stuck there all day :)

OR... Look out for the fuel boat that trades between Reading and Pewsey. "Ozzie Fuel Boat" Call him to find out where he is and prices. Paul on 07503 583523. He is sensibly priced too and has a fast turnover of fuel. 

4 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Stop off at "Better Boats" on the left on the Thames just before you get to Kennet Mouth. He claims to sell the cheapest diesel anywhere. I'm never entirely convinced about this but yes he is a sensible price. Nice bloke but can be a miserable geezer though who enjoys a thoroughly good moan, so don't ask for example how business is, or you'll be stuck there all day :)

OR... Look out for the fuel boat that trades between Reading and Pewsey. "Ozzie Fuel Boat" Call him to find out where he is and prices. Paul on 07503 583523. He is sensibly priced too and has a fast turnover of fuel. 

Thanks all.

Texted Paul/ Ozzie a couple of hours ago, no reply yet so I think I'll try Better Boating. They have an ad in the free comic offering 3p a litre off, on presentation of the advert.

Just enjoyed a really good EA pumpout on the Thames for £10, so not everything is expensive!

Edited by nicknorman

Update: no reply from Ozzie boat so fuelled up at Better Boating at 81p. Not too bad for the Thames. We then went round the Reading Jail loop to stop for shopping and there was Ozzie boat! It transpires that I had added an extra 0 to the phone number, so he hadn't received my text. Grrrr, that error cost me 6p a litre! Now moored at the Cunning Man, down with the CMer kids.

3 minutes ago, nicknorman said:

Update: no reply from Ozzie boat so fuelled up at Better Boating at 81p. Not too bad for the Thames. We then went round the Reading Jail loop to stop for shopping and there was Ozzie boat! It transpires that I had added an extra 0 to the phone number, so he hadn't received my text. Grrrr, that error cost me 6p a litre! Now moored at the Cunning Man, down with the CMer kids.

Ouch, how many litres? 

1 minute ago, WotEver said:

Spoken like a true Scot :lol:

Maybe, but if so only because I've been infected (born in Birmingham, me!)

Just now, rusty69 said:

He could have got 6 spare rivets for that mistake :)

Why would I need spare rivets?