Our new adventure day 9

Debs

Featured Posts

After the rain last night, we woke up to a beautiful sunny day! We set off quite early to get the most from the day. We travelled for miles today with no locks to do! We went over a couple of aqueducts. The first one was over a road but the second one was over another river. The river Ouse! It is a totally spectacular view! After the aquaduct came the first lock of the day! It wasn't a hard lock! After that we travelled, for what seemed like, miles! Eventually, we came to a flight of seven locks before the Blisworth Tunnel. At the flight, we met a couple who were very interested in how to do the locks as they were thinking of hiring a boat for a long weekend. I managed to get them to help me with the gates and they may now be reconsidering their holiday options! We got through the tunnel without any hitch (amazingly). We have now moored up in Blisworth and walked up the road to find a beautiful pub however, we have just found out that they stopped serving food at 18:00hrs. There was however, a lovely old Irish gentleman who kept coming over to tell us jokes! So, totally distracted by him I made my way to the ladies and didn't realise there was a step down. I went A over T down the step. Luckily, I don't think anyone saw me. Unluckily, my ankle really hurts now so I may have sprained it! I will only ever find sympathy in the dictionary though so we are now back on the boat after a long hobble, and dinner is cooking for the, not so modern, man!

IMG_2470.JPG

IMG_2474.JPG

IMG_2476.JPG

IMG_2477.JPG

IMG_2479.JPG

IMG_2480.JPG

IMG_2482.JPG

IMG_2485.JPG

IMG_2486.JPG

IMG_2487.JPG

IMG_2488.JPG

IMG_2489.JPG

IMG_2493.JPG

IMG_2496.JPG

IMG_2500.JPG

IMG_2503.JPG

IMG_8621.JPG

IMG_8624.JPG

IMG_8626.JPG

IMG_8627.JPG

Nice pics, is that near Stoke bruenne, if it wasn't Sunday you could of had an Indian there, also two pubs there, when We last hired a boat to there for a w.e.

Ibuprofen and paracetamol, advised for the foot.

That is where some of the photos were taken. An Indian would have been most welcome but, as you say, it was Sunday. We didn't go in the pubs either as we decided to wait until Blisworth. That may have been the wrong decision. 

The foot is very painful but I'm hoping it's more of a sprain than broken. I'll was the Ibuprofen and paracetamol down with some wine later ; ). X