Off topic ............. so annoying !

wirren

Featured Posts

Hi,

The main reason that I  ....... and possibly many other browsers do not brows the site very often is because there are so many threads that go off topic ...... this hardly ever happens on other websites that I visit.

Could there be a facility to highlight when a thread goes way off topic ?

I'd be interested to see if other members agree.

Thanks,

Mark.

• Greenie 3

14 minutes ago, bizzard said:

The French always seem to over complicate simple things. In my opinion the Citroen Saxo was the only simple, sensible French car.

My Simca Aronde was great too! Oil filter = dig out the centrifugal oil filter well with a screwdriver once every blue moon, no silly filters to replace.

On 30/07/2017 at 11:37, system 4-50 said:

This is a social forum where people hang about on boat corners and natter for the fun of it with a touch of agony aunt. The OP needs a Wiki.

Reported.

(For being too 'on-topic'.)

4 hours ago, wirren said:

Hi,

The main reason that I  ....... and possibly many other browsers do not brows the site very often is because there are so many threads that go off topic ...... this hardly ever happens on other websites that I visit.

Thanks,

Mark.

Yes, I agree that some threads do wander off topic.

No, I do not see that as a bad thing, as it reflects the natural flow of conversation in real life.

Perhaps you should visit more web sites, I'm sure that you'll find plenty more on which the same thing happens.

5 hours ago, wirren said:

Hi,

Thanks,

Mark.

It is interesting you mention this as I was just thinking this myself yesterday while trying to keep abreast of the feedback topics in relation to the recent update. While I usually keep a distance from the moderation of the site and without meaning to open a can of worms, personally I agree with you and while we're not as strict on this as many forums, it is in fact covered in the Forum Rules & Guidelines. 

"The Site Owner and moderators of the site determine whether the content posted by the members is appropriate for CWDF and act accordingly. The moderation team can be identified by the title 'Moderator' beneath their name. It is their responsibility to make sure, where possible, that discussion remains relevant, on-topic and within the rules and guidelines as stated in this document."

https://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

In any case, you may report any posts which contravene the Forum Rules & Guidelines and it will be reviewed by the modertors. There is a "Report Post" link above each post on the right.

RichM

7 minutes ago, RichM said:

It is interesting you mention this as I was just thinking this myself yesterday while trying to keep abreast of the feedback topics in relation to the recent update. While I usually keep a distance from the moderation of the site and without meaning to open a can of worms, personally I agree with you and while we're not as strict on this as many forums, it is covered in the Forum Rules & Guidelines. 

"The Site Owner and moderators of the site determine whether the content posted by the members is appropriate for CWDF and act accordingly. The moderation team can be identified by the title 'Moderator' beneath their name. It is their responsibility to make sure, where possible, that discussion remains relevant, on-topic and within the rules and guidelines as stated in this document."

https://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/guidelines/

You may report any posts which contravene the Forum Rules & Guidelines and it will be reviewed by the modertors. There is a "Report Post" link above each post on the right.

RichM

Mornington Crescent!!

Did I win?

• Greenie 1