Our new adventure day 8

Debs

Featured Posts

Last nights meal was totally amazing! I had the steak and Mick had the pizza and both were done to perfection. The service was brilliant too! I can thoroughly recommend the Barge Inn in Milton Keynes! 

Today, however, was a very short cruise along the canal as we had arranged to meet an ex work colleague of mine. It wasn't a bad thing as, yet again, it decided to rain! We travelled up the canal to bridge number 76 where we had agreed to meet our friends at The Black Horse. We had arranged to meet at about 1pm but arrived just after midday. It is always lovely to catch up with people that you haven't seen in a while. Amazingly enough, it is nearly two years that Mick retired from the underground. 

We enjoyed a drink on the boat before going into the pub for a spot of lunch/dinner. Again, the staff were very friendly and the food was good. Once our bellies were fully stocked, we went back on the boat where another couple of drinks and an evening of chat and good humour commenced! We had a very enjoyable day and evening and although there aren't many pictures today, we still enjoyed our surroundings. 

I also need to say a huge thank you for the donation Linda and Mick made to my grandsons charity www.gogetfunding/flighting for the future. I cannot tell you how much it's appreciated, 

We are now sitting on the boat listening to the rain hammering down! It may well not be a bad thing as it might be that we won't be grounded when we wake up tomorrow! The canals are very short of water at the moment and it seems that wherever we try to moor up, the chances are, we will get grounded! It's all good fun! 

The internet is no good here so, chances are, you won't see any picture either. Sorry! 

IMG_2469.JPG

• Love 1

2 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

Your 3 week cruise = 1 trip = 1 thread!

Does it make a difference?

2 hours ago, rusty69 said:

Why has that man got a plant growing out of his head? :)

Because he's been plant head!