Our new advent day 7 (one week gone!)

Debs

Featured Posts

Who knew that trains ran all night? Well, I do now! After a fitful nights sleep we woke up to a bit of a windy day! The good thing is the boat started first time! We trudged down to Leighton Buzzard but on the way, we passed loads of boats advertising their wares for the Lindsley Canal Festival. We were pleasantly surprised that we could get moored beside Tesco. This meant that we could walk into Leighton Buzzard and get our Wetherspoons breakfast. I hadn't noticed, on past trips, that the town is a hive of charity shops and barbers! There were at least 7 barbers in a 200m radius! Breakfast done, we went back to the boat and set off again towards the first lock of the day. As we went through the lock, a hire boat decided that he would cut across us and miss his lock mooring totally. Bless him, he said that he was doing what he thought he should and stayed on his Sid of the canal. You really can't knock hire boats. They tend to stick to the rules regardless of the situation it puts them in. We have all had to start somewhere! 

The next set of locks we came to were called Three Locks. Can you guess how many locks there were together? There was a pair of working boats coming up as we were going down so we kind of helped each other out by keeping the gates open. 

Before we knew it, we were in Milton Keynes! There haven't been many locks to work today which is a right result! Unfortunately, it's been windy but we have only has a spot of rain and I do mean a spot! 

We decided to stop for dinner and moor up for the night at bridge 46. The map showed that there were a couple of pubs nearby so we closed up the boat and trundled up the road, by foot!, to the nearest pub. The pub was called The Cross Keys and was a beautiful thatched building. Unfortunately, there was no room at the inn so we made our way down the road to The Barge Inn. We were welcomed with open arms. So far, Mick has had a starter of chicken wings which he said was stunning so I'm now waiting to see if my steak is just as good! Tomorrow, we are hoping to meet up with an old work colleague of mine. I am very much looking forward to a good catch up. 

IMG_2437.JPG

IMG_2440.JPG

IMG_2441.JPG

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2446.JPG

IMG_2447.JPG

IMG_2458.JPG

IMG_2463.JPG

IMG_2466.JPG

IMG_2467.JPG

I have no idea what I was on yesterday. The bridge number should have been 84 not 40 but the Barge Inn is nearer to bridge 83.  Sorry! 

Edited by Debs