Any one knowwhat happened to "Blossom"

X Alan W

Featured Posts

Just wondering what happened to 3 posters who"s posts/blogs I really enjoyed reading #1 "Blossom" excellent blog on "Minnow" replaced with "Darley" few posts then nothing #2 can't remember his name but did a comprehensive blog on having his boat built at Brinklow & fitting a Gardner shortly after launch no more posts #3 Capt Ahab did excellent write ups of his trips but seems after he got his preserve selling butty his postings on his trips have ceased Shame all 3 .were excellent reads Anyone know the reasons for their disappearances hope they are all still OK.

Alan, the second one rings a strong bell. If I remember, the chap in question posted a very thorough ongoing account of his boat being built - he didn't actually build the shell but he helped the builder who did - and his fitting it out, most of which he did himself. It was an admirable record of work which took a lot of time, considerable skill, painstaking care and far more patience than I can even dream of having. When he stopped posting I thought that perhaps something bad had befallen him, but in fact we saw him and his wife on the boat out cruising, last year I think. [EDIT: actually September 2015]

Alas, he made such an impression on me that I can't remember his name- but I am sure someone will.

This gent is "Blossom", he was at Alvecote last year.

IMG_1796.jpg

Was one of the other guys Steve Goddard? had a copy of a Cowburn & Cowpar boat, NB Siskin http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/32957-nb-siskin/&page=9#comment-1678961http://canalworld.net/forums/index.php?/topic/32957-nb-siskin/&page=9#comment-1678961

Edited by Ray T

I suspect that's the one that Alan was asking about, though not the one which I meant. I do remember Andy Watson's name, he used to post reasonably often on CWDF (and he's got a Gardner!)

Just now, Athy said:

I suspect that's the one that Alan was asking about, though not the one which I meant. I do remember Andy Watson's name, he used to post reasonably often on CWDF (and he's got a Gardner!)

Have amended post #4 re Steve Goddard & NB Siskin.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, furnessvale said:

I was with Blossom last Monday at Audlem.

He is well but it is possibly a case of not posting any more rather than anything more sinister.

I will be seeing him again on Friday so I will mention this thread.

George

Blossom waited on Darley for us to lock down from the Town pound on Sunday he then moored outside the Shroppie Fly.

Steve's blog comes up here Here all photos gone though. The website has suspended hosting come up which it did once before I contacted Steve and he renewed and it was up again some years ago now probably.

I did have a copy of the blog somewhere for reference if I could find it!

1 hour ago, furnessvale said:

I was with Blossom last Monday at Audlem.

He is well but it is possibly a case of not posting any more rather than anything more sinister.

I will be seeing him again on Friday so I will mention this thread.

George

Would you be good enough to pass on my regards to 'Blossom' as unfortunately I will not be able to make Audlem at the weekend :captain:

3 hours ago, Athy said:

Andy Watson's boat was in Dadford Wharf when we were having Helvetia repainted, from recollection it was based on the Walker's steam tug Stentor, but without the funnel! I met Andy a couple of times, but cannot remember the name of his boat.

Thanks for all the replies "Siskin"  & it"s owner was the one I was thinking about. Pleased to hear all are OK, just missed reading 3 excellent Blogs, about the nearest I get to the cut nowadays , & now being the proud owner of a heart pacemaker & miultiple stents & being in my 80th year my boating will be confined to a forum & computer screen.But so long as Brain Fade is kept to a minimum it"s not to bad .As said keep taking the tablets.