Send Marina river Wey

leolady too

Featured Posts

We went past the site of the new marina at Send on the Wey over the weekend. It looks as though work is well under way. I believe it will be called Cart Bridge Marina. Does anyone know how it is going, when it might open or who to contact about it?

• 9 months later...

Went past last weekend. About 15 -  20 boats in there already. Apparently not all services available yet. I suspect several moved when their Pyrford Marina moorings came up for renewal 1st April.

I couldn't find a website either, presumably because it is not fully open.  

How do they police their 'no living aboard' policy (the NT on The Wey I mean)?

Do licence holders have to produce a council tax bill? Does someone knock on the boat if you spend too many nights aboard? All of the above? Something else??

You have to put your address (don't have to provide proof you live there) on the licence application and the address/location of where the boat is moored. So I guess if you don't supply an "official" mooring location you won't get a licence. 

They must rely on their lengthsmen to keep an eye out for boats moored illegally. I suspect boaters protective of the Wey's status would soon identify abusers as well. 

I believe the prices are displayed in the Byfleet Boat Club so if you know a member they could probably tell you. 

There is a phone number on the board at the basin entrance but I'm afraid I didn't take note when we passed. 

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

How do they police their 'no living aboard' policy (the NT on The Wey I mean)?

Do licence holders have to produce a council tax bill? Does someone knock on the boat if you spend too many nights aboard? All of the above? Something else??

My impression is that it's an actively managed waterway with - wait for it....... lengths men. And all the better for it.

Edited by mark99
  • Greenie 1

• 3 years later...

It's called Cartbridge Basin and the fees are about 5K plus for a 60ft boat. When I inquired they had a waiting list. If you want a mooring ion the Wey try the National trust they are much cheaper but without facilities and strictly non residential.

1 hour ago, Mike Adams said:

It's called Cartbridge Basin and the fees are about 5K plus for a 60ft boat. When I inquired they had a waiting list. If you want a mooring ion the Wey try the National trust they are much cheaper but without facilities and strictly non residential.

Thank you. Very useful. I can't find a website or a contact number. Can you help?