Disillusioned

markeymark

Featured Posts

Come on guys, stop pouring cold water on the idea. I WANT to see a circus performance on the front of a boat. With a bit enough front deck, you could have performing dogs, cats, bunnies and such delights as jugglers and acrobats, although a high wire might be a bit challenging to erect.  Just think, a wrong step in any direction..... yes, to me the possible entertainment is endless, sad person that I am :-)

haggis

Nice one guys, with all your ideas and comments. Tomorrow I dip my feet in the canal for the first time so the rest (the circus etc.) will come bit by bit. I already have a solar powered elephant and 2 parrots (me hearties!) so the menagerie is growing. Just trying to work out how to get my dog to wear a tutu.....

19 minutes ago, markeymark said:

Nice one guys, with all your ideas and comments. Tomorrow I dip my feet in the canal for the first time so the rest (the circus etc.) will come bit by bit. I already have a solar powered elephant and 2 parrots (me hearties!) so the menagerie is growing. Just trying to work out how to get my dog to wear a tutu.....

Wishing you all the best - but in all seriousness you do need to do due-diligence and a heck of a lot of investigation into the licences you need, not only from C&RT, but from the local authorities, the PRS etc etc.

Falling foul of C&RT is one thing, but not having correct insurance, licences etc is another and could lead to prosecution and a criminal record.

Sort it all out before you start.

Good luck.

1 minute ago, lulu fish said:

I quite often sing whilst cruising along on my boat. Could the good people of this forum let me know what licence/insurance need to continue doing this?

you may need an entertainment licence
https://www.gov.uk/guidance/entertainment-licensing-changes-under-the-live-music-act

for the music that you are performing you will need a performing rights licence
https://www.prsformusic.com/licences/live-performances

could you be considered to be busking perhaps
https://www.gov.uk/busking-licence

OK Lulu, I will sign you up as a nomadic singer and provide a hat for your donations, but PLEASE NO OPERA  as you go thru the tunnels cos the insurance co. wont pay up if it collapses as you hit a high note.

2 hours ago, lulu fish said:

I quite often sing whilst cruising along on my boat. Could the good people of this forum let me know what licence/insurance need to continue doing this?

The way my voice sounds its not a licence i would get more like a noise abatement notice.

thankfully  i only sing when driving long distances  on my own, so billy bragg even more out of tune than the man himself at full chat is unlikely to cause any issues to the wider world 

10 hours ago, haggis said:

Come on guys, stop pouring cold water on the idea. I WANT to see a circus performance on the front of a boat. With a bit enough front deck, you could have performing dogs, cats, bunnies and such delights as jugglers and acrobats, although a high wire might be a bit challenging to erect.  Just think, a wrong step in any direction..... yes, to me the possible entertainment is endless, sad person that I am :-)

haggis

Get a working boat, you could rig up a tightrope from back end to deck board - or at least to the mast.

Plenty of entertainment today at great Haywood today without adding a boat full of animals. Bow thruster dancing. 100 meter sprints , musical accompiament by the horn section, marital disharmony  and the usual clowns. I particularly liked the mime artist on the boat moored sticking into the narrows at the boatyard. She pulled the most bizarre expressions at boats legally trying to get into the narrows round her bows.

who ever lets her moor there deserves ( no I will resist)