Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
Mike the Boilerman

Time Lady

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Why do they keep referring to the new female Dr Who as a Time Lord? Surely she must be a Time Lady.

I don't even watch it. Not been the same since Patrick Troughton left...

I thought William Hartnell was your Doctor. 

Time Lord is the species, not a gender. When they regenerate they can be of either sex, Missy/Master being but the latest example. None of the fuddy duddy bigots moaning about the Dr now being a woman moaned about the Master/Missy regeneration.

This post is obviously aimed at those who have watched the series since the rebirth with Christopher Ecclestone.

13 hours ago, AMModels said:

This post is obviously aimed at those who have watched the series since the rebirth with Christopher Ecclestone.

Obviously... ;)

A few years ago a stick-on letter fell off my local corner shop's window and the line read "Frozen oods" for a while. Sadly more of the letters have fallen off since.

• Greenie 1
  • Haha 1

I saw on telly yesterday ( presumably tounge in cheek ) that some "fans" have said they won't watch it because a woman is now the lead. I have never been a fan but I think you must be a bit sad if that is the case.

• Greenie 1

I am not a fan myself but him indoors and daughter are.  Daughter was so excited the the new Dr is a woman that she actually let out a little scream of joy.  I haven't watched it since the Billie Piper days myself.

I do find it very funny that the fans who are moaning can fully accept that Dr Who has heaven knows how many regenerations and two hearts but can't be a woman.  I mean really!!!

• Greenie 1

I vivdly remember watching the first episode, it was brilliant in its time. I havnt watched it for over thirty years but when I see clips its certainly nowt special today. Shame innitt. I saw the first change of the time lord and its gone downhill since then.

On 16/07/2017 at 23:06, AMModels said:

Time Lord is the species, not a gender.

Ok thanks. I didn't realise that.

In which case her change to female gender could be recognised by a name change. How about "Nurse Who"...?

51 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I vivdly remember watching the first episode, it was brilliant in its time. I havnt watched it for over thirty years but when I see clips its certainly nowt special today. Shame innitt. I saw the first change of the time lord and its gone downhill since then.

Times change, as do the audiences. The Doctor of "your" time is always the best. Tom Baker for me. 

Jelly baby anyone? 

Damn, I've just given away my age, can I change to David Tennant! 

Edited by rusty69

My wife and I keep saying "We'll watch it one more time, to see if it improves" but it just keeps failing somehow.

We will see how it goes in the hope that they manage to get it right next time.

9 minutes ago, timbouy said:

My wife and I keep saying "We'll watch it one more time, to see if it improves" but it just keeps failing somehow.

We will see how it goes in the hope that they manage to get it right next time.

Are they gonna have some " Fit young bloke " then as mrs Doctors assistant? or would that  SHOCK HORROR be " Sexist " :rolleyes:

I am a life long fan of Doctor Who and remember watching from very early on. My favourite Doctor was Patrick Troughton the 2nd doctor but there have been several I have liked over time from the old and revived eras. His mix of character was super being clownish at times very serious and even threatening at others something Matt Smith tried to copy when he was Doctor. The story lines were superb too.

Personally I do not mind it being a lady Time Lord for the first time. the important thing is that the person playing the role pays some respect to the Doctors general character and traditions but also that the story lines are good suiting the person. It could be very interesting to have a female in the role. Peter Capaldi has been a very good doctor in an older style that I enjoyed but let down initially by some of the poorest stories in my view in recent times. The last series was much better for interesting story lines. It was interesting that the last of the episodes was showing the genesis of the Cybermen and looking as they mainly originally appeared from years ago.  For a moment when they first appeared I got a flash back to when as a kid first sight of them gave me the biggest fright I had ever had at that time! For a moment my mouth went dry and I tensed!

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ok thanks. I didn't realise that.

In which case her change to female gender could be recognised by a name change. How about "Nurse Who"...?

Oh dear you are digging yourself a bit of a hole there. Neither the role of Doctor or Nurse is gender specific. In any case Doctor is his name not his title. His title at one point was "President" at one point.

• Greenie 1

1 hour ago, churchward said:

Oh dear you are digging yourself a bit of a hole there. Neither the role of Doctor or Nurse is gender specific. In any case Doctor is his name not his title. His title at one point was "President" at one point.

I'm being ironically sexist, as anyone who 'gets' my humour must realise! Hence the thread title ;)

• Greenie 1

22 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I'm being ironically sexist, as anyone who 'gets' my humour must realise! Hence the thread title ;)

its the major problem on the tinterweb that we cant see the humour in something thats said because as humans we rely on things like body language and facial expressions so much to give us a clue. Well, that and there are some people to whom ( :) )  your comments reinforce their own thinking and they are humourless daleks. 

I never actually watched/followed Doctor Who but from the reputation it gained I could never work out how the Daleks could harbour ambitions of world domination when they couldn't go up stairs. ???? :lol:

1 minute ago, colmac said:

I never actually watched/followed Doctor Who but from the reputation it gained I could never work out how the Daleks could harbour ambitions of world domination when they couldn't go up stairs. ???? :lol:

They were going to take over all the bungalows and then wait for people to downsize! 

• Greenie 2

On 19/07/2017 at 19:55, colmac said:

How would you know that, given you don't watch it?

I never saw a Dalek defeated by a staircase when I used to watch it. Has anyone else?

34 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

Everyone knows Daleks can levitate and travel through time! 

Flying daleks, I'm never watching that, whatever next....    ... removes tongue from cheek.

Daniel

Oops sorry Mike the boiler man, didn't know the buggers could levitate ! I mean that changes the whole game doesn't it ? Is nowhere safe any more ? Next thing you know perfectly sane, puckha chaps will be paying a small fortune to travel round smelly canals in steel boats called barges.:giggles:

Tom Baker was "my" Dr Who but he was supplanted in my estimation by the best new-generation Doctor of the them all, Christopher Eccleston. Lots of planets have a north.

Sign in to follow this