Our new adventure

Debs

Featured Posts

Well, we only have one week to go before we get back on the boat for three weeks! We have only had this boat since February but, saying that, we have only done one journey in her and that was to bring her down from Cropredy to Weybridge. Before we bought Dipper, we had a Dawncraft Highbridge. We owned "This Wey Up" for about 6 yrs. It was a brilliant boat and we lovingly tarted her up with a new paint job and outboard as well as redoing the inside furnishings of the boat. Unfortunately, it got to the stage that I found it more and more difficult to jump on and off the boat.

We decided to sell her and get a boat that had a fixed bed and was low enough to just step off. After a couple of false viewings and upsets we finally found Dipper (soon to be renamed, hopefully).

I cannot explain how nice it is to not have to put a bed away and set it up every day. There are many things that are different with this boat but, the one thing that will be the same is, when we are on the boat, it is a world away from our every day lives. 

We both work on the London Underground. Mick is on the train side and I am on the station side. It's noisy, dusty, fast living and confrontational! Being on the boat is so different! As we both work at the moment, our time on the boat is limited. We have set times that we can have our leave so its pot luck when our time is. In the last few years, we have done the K&A, Thames and The Thames Ring. We only have a week to go before we are on the new boat for the journey on the Thames Ring again. This consists of travelling down to Brentford on the Thames, onto the Grand Union Canal. Then onto the South Oxford Canal then back onto the Thames to Weybridge. We've done it a few times now but each time is different! We meet different people and have different experiences. This is the first time I will be blogging on this site. I hope you will enjoy our adventure as much as, I'm sure, we will? If I can figure out how to post photos on here, I'll entertain you with them as well. 

Sounds good, I may be following you for half of it, so are you on a narrowboat now? I think it's easier to upload pics on here now from your comp etc, you don't need to have an external file., just click choose files below your post,,

Have fun.

Hi Timx, yes it's a 45' narrow boat. As I said, so much easier to get on and off of. Cheers Rob-M, I have now seen how to download photos.  If anyone spots us on our journey, please give us a shout out, we won't bite. X

IMG_1657.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG