bmc 1.5 diesel

Featured Posts

I hope someone can help.

recently the  dling damper screw was removed because the thread was stripped.

it has been repaired with a helicoil.

Since the the engine runs at full revs despite throttle operation.

I can control revs by holding the stop lever about half way.

I have been told that it may be caused by high pressure on the return fuel line.

I have not bled the governor after replacing.

I have checked that the control sleeve moves etc.

although I have an engineering back ground it is not in diesels.

please could you give me your thoughts on curing  high pressure at return line and anything else would be helpful.

my tel is 07850511707

best regards

les trickett

hi Tony thanks for reply.

I have had it screwed in in all sorts of positions.

is it possible that the swarfe left in it has found its way to low pressure side.

it ran fine before he removed governor to replace thread with a helicoil.

also at the moment there is no seal under locking nut

if you could describe what I am looking for on the low pressure side.

I downloaded manual from Norfolk boats if you put in bmc 1.5 diesel engine manual you could perhaps download it and tell me which part numbers I am looking at

Best regards

Les

If you have tried it in all sorts of positions then yea, it could be swarf. The hydraulic governor sits  immediately below the idle damper. The governor is not much more than a "washer" that gets pushed up by fuel pressure and down by a spring. Not having a soft washer under the locknut should only allow a fuel leak.

As you say that you have an engineering back ground try removing cables and then the two  vertical screws holding the whole "turret" onto the pump body and lifting it away. If you have already done this you may have flat on the the throttle spindle on the wrong side of the washer type thing so waggle the throttle lever and make sure the governor that will be hanging out of the turret moves up and down. The pull the stop and throttle spindle out   so the governor drops out. Check fro swarf, wash in clean diesel and ideally reassemble the turret under clean diesel. Strict cleanliness when you put the turret back and do not use fluffy cloth.

Sorry, no time to download the manual and I will be off line for the rest until much later today. Note Two designs of governor fitted to hydraulic 1.5s and I have seen the occasional mechanical DPA fitted. Yours is a hydraulic one but which I have no idea.