Repaint Disaster

Featured Posts

1 hour ago, mrsmelly said:

I see you are parked in our moorings here at Heyford, just walked past your boat. You do know its getting rained on now :D

HEY NEIGHBOR!  We are taking up a slot there for the coming year.  Come say hi to us this weekend if you are aboard.  We are coming down for Saturday and Sunday.  Anything I should know about the mooring ?   I must warn you, I make truly awful tea.  Im a yank, born and raised and as you probably know, we like our tea ice cold :P 

Just now, DpEndofShalo said:

HEY NEIGHBOR!  We are taking up a slot there for the coming year.  Come say hi to us this weekend if you are aboard.  We are coming down for Saturday and Sunday.  Anything I should know about the mooring ?   I must warn you, I make truly awful tea.  Im a yank, born and raised and as you probably know, we like our tea ice cold :P 

I own the Bistro right next to your mooring. Come in for a beer :D

2 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I own the Bistro right next to your mooring. Come in for a beer :D

How about lunch Saturday?  :P  I do not really drink but having you prepare some food will save me having to cook.  I will be all over that on a regular basis.  Open year round?

31 minutes ago, DpEndofShalo said:

How about lunch Saturday?  :P  I do not really drink but having you prepare some food will save me having to cook.  I will be all over that on a regular basis.  Open year round?

Open all year cut down to only four day weekend in winter. Close for a few weeks for christmas thats all :D

20 hours ago, DpEndofShalo said:

In the week, Mon - Fri, we see each other an hour or so a day before its lights out to do it all over the next day.  I hope that this will not be our lifestyle for more than a few years and if the right job came along closer to home, I know Tom would jump on it.  I would personally like to see him take a pay cut and work closer to home but I also would never ask him to take a job and spend hours every day doing something he hated.  Weekends are our time and I enjoy 100% of his attention for two full days.   When we take to our boat, its our little haven and now that we have her back, she will be in use every week again :)

Your boat looks amazing :)

Mr T and I have the time problem too.  He works 60 miles away but when you factor in that he is an HGV driver who starts at between 1 and 2 in the morning and goes to bed at 7pm, it makes sense for him to stay closer to work during the week.  However like you, our weekends are precious, hence why we want a boat.  We have lasted 14 years and I see no reason why we wont last another 14.

Edited by Tawny75

11 hours ago, DpEndofShalo said:

As an accountant, I would advise him to do as such :)

I will be trying him out on Saturday, I will report my findings :P

:clapping: Yep cash is/was and always will be King but too many people now use cards only and when cash has gone they will be the first to moan re the sudden raise in Banking charges and say " It didnt use to be like that whatever happened " :rolleyes:

We have educated our customer base. When we took over lots of silly cards were waved at us for a cup of coffee, no way Jose it aint gonna happen. My customers realised that there are cash machines strewn around the country including one at the petrol station a mile up the road or even the shop next door and hey ho education complete they bring cash, if you google it you will all find its been around absolutely ages all over the world and long before silly cards. Metal detectorists find ancient coins as do archeaologists but they have never found a very old " bank card " cash also works when there is an electric malfunction so completely makes sense try it sometime.

18 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Thats weird you should advise this. I can't ever go in there as I don't carry cash! 

I use both depending on the situation. A single pint of beer at lunchtime would be cash, a meal for the wife and I and beer would be card.

3 hours ago, mrsmelly said:

(snip) Metal detectorists find ancient coins as do archeaologists but they have never found a very old " bank card " (snip)

That's because previous generations were quite security conscious, and cut up their old ones ...... (obviously!)

• Happy 1

Well, I have partaken of whats on offer at the Mr Smelly Bistro also known as Kizzi's.  Lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Monday.  Try as I might, I could find nothing to complain about and the fact that I went back a second time speaks for itself.  Now as to Mr Smelly himself, well, surprisingly he did not smell except for the slight whiff of bacon on Sunday morning.  When it came time to pay, we were relieved of our cash with due care and attention and a smile.

I must remark on his lovely staff member.  The lady with the dark hair...... what an absolute treat she is :)  Be kind to her Smelly, she makes the place sparkle :P

Tom and Alison

2 hours ago, DpEndofShalo said:

Well, I have partaken of whats on offer at the Mr Smelly Bistro also known as Kizzi's.  Lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Monday.  Try as I might, I could find nothing to complain about and the fact that I went back a second time speaks for itself.  Now as to Mr Smelly himself, well, surprisingly he did not smell except for the slight whiff of bacon on Sunday morning.  When it came time to pay, we were relieved of our cash with due care and attention and a smile.

I must remark on his lovely staff member.  The lady with the dark hair...... what an absolute treat she is :)  Be kind to her Smelly, she makes the place sparkle :P

Tom and Alison

Thanks for the feedback. I've yet to go in there. Shame on me I know.

Point of Order though. You 'went back' only once, surely...!