BCN Challenge 2018

RLWP

Featured Posts

The conveyor belt of storms from the east Midlands is passing over central south Brum so we haven't got very wet since the amazing storms at 3am to 4am.

We are following Simon and Rob so will be turning into the storms soon

5 minutes ago, matty40s said:

The conveyor belt of storms from the east Midlands is passing over central south Brum so we haven't got very wet since the amazing storms at 3am to 4am.

Rob-M slept through the storm last night. I couldn't believe it as his head is about a foot away from the roof.

Just had a couple of flashes of lighting fairly close by at Monmore Green.

JP

1 hour ago, matty40s said:

Clear blue sky here in Barrow, had a few flashes of lightening in the night but that was all.

Sounds like you guys are having a great time.

3 hours ago, Rob-M said:

Have you checked down the arm.

Only found a hand. 

Don't let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Never underestimate the luxury of dry socks and shoes!

• Greenie 1

23 minutes ago, Kustomcut said:

I hope you all had a drink at the finish.

I feel I have missed a part of my year I always look forward too including the “tub” banter HOWEVER  I have managed to raise over £300 for BCN society so as far as

im concerned we did something positive and if it means my only boat trips are done as a volunteer on a boat so be it, who knows what the future holds for us as boat owners but i enjoyed cruising the networks so much im sure I will be back at some point  one thing I proudly managed to salvage was my previous years bcn challenge plaques.

Thank you all for the concern and offers

of food shelter and alcohol.

Really would like to catch up at some

point, until then all the best and safe cruising.

So sorry to hear the bad news

25 minutes ago, Kustomcut said:

I feel I have missed a part of my year I always look forward too including the “tub” banter HOWEVER  I have managed to raise over £300 for BCN society so as far as

im concerned we did something positive and if it means my only boat trips are done as a volunteer on a boat so be it, who knows what the future holds for us as boat owners but i enjoyed cruising the networks so much im sure I will be back at some point  one thing I proudly managed to salvage was my previous years bcn challenge plaques.

Don't panic just yet. A lorry with a hiab should be enough to get your boat out. Then you will know exactly what needs doing 

Richard 

32 minutes ago, Kustomcut said:

I was really sad to hear what happened but glad that everyone is safe and well but I have to say what a positive post.

28 minutes ago, rusty69 said:

So, all you BCN ers, when do we find out who the "winner" is? My money's still on Laurie and K9!

Normally a week or so, which is about the time it takes to recover ;)

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

I was really sad to hear what happened but glad that everyone is safe and well but I have to say what a positive post.

Normally a week or so, which is about the time it takes to recover ;)

It's hard work, bottle of Dalwhinnie in 3 hours between 3 and then getting up at 3 an hour later, especially when the lightning storm of the year hits Birmingham....

At 3

1 minute ago, matty40s said:

It's hard work, bottle of Dalwhinnie in 3 hours between 3 and then getting up at 3 an hour later, especially when the lightning storm of the year hits Birmingham....

At 3

It's a hard job but someone has to do it

13 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

It's a hard job but someone has to do it

We owe you the next bottle, will bring something interesting.

Just as well we didn't stay in Birminghton , the roads have turned into waterways today.

1 hour ago, Kustomcut said:

So sorry to hear what happened to your boat. Glad to hear you all got off the boat safely. Hopefully you will be able to get back afloat.

2 minutes ago, matty40s said:

We owe you the next bottle, will bring something interesting.

Just as well we didn't stay in Birminghton , the roads have turned into waterways today.

It’s the first time I’ve seen the towpath submerged on the mainline at the NIA. I imagine Farmers Bridge was a torrent (but it was too wet to go and look!).Anyway, good to catch up with some folk this afternoon, next time maybe we’ll come by boat not train!

As I mentioned Dotterel had to pull out of the challenge. We moored Friday night at Perry Barr top lock and were intending to set off at some point to head back to Calcutt via the Fazeley Junction route. 

Tawny Owl passed us and offered to help us down the locks. We weren't quite ready to go but appreciated the offer very much.

So we finally set off and went to Salford Junction. I informed the organisers of course. John has told me to submit my log showing that we did do a bit of the BCN during the challenge, with the comment 'you never know'

Do you think Laurie's wooden spoon is threatened for the second year running?

Cheers Graham