BCN Challenge 2018

RLWP

Featured Posts

3 minutes ago, john6767 said:

They would not be going the GU route if they were. They are going to Salford Junction or somewhere close or else they would have gone North Stratford.

We just like Camp Hill flight.....

MP.

6 minutes ago, MoominPapa said:

Cold. Very cold.

MP.

You would say that though :P

6 minutes ago, john6767 said:

They would not be going the GU route if they were. They are going to Salford Junction or somewhere close or else they would have gone North Stratford.

Waiting for reinforcements to join before they tackle the locks. And Richard says Bordesley to Ashted is one of his favourite places on the network.

15 minutes ago, john6767 said:

You're wrong, you know. Could have gone either way, only it made the Friday night crew pick up complicated

Richard

2 hours ago, RLWP said:

Me? Good grief, no. We have crew for moving our boat. I'm at home

Richard

Other way round for us; p6rob is moving his boat into Birmingham, the crew (me) is at home. But I'm preparing our secret weapon; I've made some ginger biscuits and meringues, and tomorrow morning I'm making apple fruit cake. We won't lack the calories for our energetic weekend.

I might also pack a half bottle of my "Fort Neaf" wine, as it's now 6 months since I bottled the 2017 vintage. I don't drink myself, but it's ready to test out on the captain, perhaps to knock him out for our 6 hour break. People who've tried the 2015 tell me it's good quality but strong stuff; there was no 2016 vintage because the grapes were rotten, but I got a bumper crop in 2017.

Have a marvellous weekend's exhaustion, all you mad, impetuous fools ??

I'll be thinking of you while I'm relaxing on a giant leather reclining sofa with a gin and tonic, all you can eat hot running water, and so, so much blissful, weedhatch-free sleep this weekend. ??

25 minutes ago, BlueStringPudding said:

Have a marvellous weekend's exhaustion, all you mad, impetuous fools ??

I'll be thinking of you while I'm relaxing on a giant leather reclining sofa with a gin and tonic, all you can eat hot running water, and so, so much blissful, weedhatch-free sleep this weekend. ??

I will,  just met with Tawny at the top secret start point

• Happy 1

3 minutes ago, matty40s said:

Stuck on the m6 admiring a jaguar and dukw às we pass a paintballing place , almost crossing the north Oxford. 

Between Rugby and Coventry. Isn't it a Stolly?

ebay603667.jpg

Fire going and have just about dried out.  What a horrible morning it was.  Weather forecast is not great for weekend, but hopefully not constant heavy rain for 6 hours like today, please......

Seen quite a few forum boats on the way into Birmingham and here in the centre.  Special thanks to the crew of Dotteril for Shirley Drawbridge.