what is a colecraft

Acorn

Featured Posts

just wanted to know what a colecraft is in regards to what kind of boat and are they any good.

Acorn

My boat is a colecraft and the steel work is very good...no visible welded joints and lovely lines ....

the upturn and curve of the stern are really nice..

( what is the correct name for the upturn at the stern??)

When I had it surveyed the surveyor waxed long and lyrical about Colecraft hulls

and when ever someone asks who did the steel work and I tell them Colecraft

they nod their heads in a wise manner and mumble words like good and wonderfull and ahhhh....

so i guess it must be alright B)

I quite agree, Gillie - ours is Colecraft too (1995 cruiser stern). Good welds, swims very well. I know the cruiser stern will put off the purists, but the hull's still a nice shape.

And there are no puddles on the cabin roof, because the gaps in the handrails are in the right place!

Ian

I quite agree, Gillie - ours is Colecraft too (1995 cruiser stern). Good welds, swims very well. I know the cruiser stern will put off the purists, but the hull's still a nice shape.

And there are no puddles on the cabin roof, because the gaps in the handrails are in the right place!

Ian

Thankyou i have seen a few for sale. and wondered.. so now i know thankyou. i am learning lots here i am very glad i joined.

Acorn /steve

Thankyou i have seen a few for sale. and wondered.. so now i know thankyou. i am learning lots here i am very glad i joined.

Acorn /steve

Got one for sale if interested,any trial welcome, or info given, cheers shorty

good job the web designer dont build the boats.

or do they?

seems a negative thing to say but the website needs a face lift.

Colecraft must be the best, by definition. Theodora is Colecraft.

Nick

good job the web designer dont build the boats.

or do they?

seems a negative thing to say but the website needs a face lift.

I take it you are talking about the Colecraft website. It was good to see an old pictutre of "Outlaw" again. However, I would have thought that they might have had a picture of a newer boat to display. She was built in the late 1980's!

Tony B)

• 2 weeks later...

After living on my parents boat Bosworth (colecraft shell/warble fit out) I would recommend colecraft to anyone. Nice lines, welding etc as per other posts. To be honest I reckon they are booked up so far in advance they don't need any extra enquiries a website redesign would bring. It is quite bad though.

Michael

My boat is not a Colecraft, in fact it was built by one of Sam Coles's 1980's rivals, but I agree with everthinhg that has already been said about them. They are well designed and well built boats. I visited their works some years ago and was very impressed with the quality of build and workmanship. You will not go wrong buying a Colecraft, and you will have no difficulty selling it in the future.