Window frame sealant

Featured Posts

I had the same thought as WotEver. I think, if you have a problem (such as water ingress) manifesting itself there, the real problem lies elsewhere and you'll be masking it until something worse rears it's ugly head. More info required perhaps?

Sorry, no leaks! I just want to close the gap between the window frame and the trim.

I saw on a friends boat he had a clear sealant in the gap so I just wondered if there's a particular product which would be best or would any old flexible sealant do?

It will allow any condensate on the steel to breath and thus dry out. If you totally seal the inside of the cabin so moisture cannot get out, any moisture that finds it's way onto the tiny edges of steel under the insulation will become trapped. It is (normally) impossible to have an airtight lining due to movement caused when heating and cooling, temperature range of at least 25 degrees and humidity changes of 70% winter to summer.