EA, and C&RT

LadyG

Featured Posts

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:19, LadyG said:

Aha, yes it is of great interest, I have already bought "The River Great Ouse and Tributaries",  as that area is on my to do list for 2018,

The Great Ouse and its tributaries are in a different EA region to the Thames, and therefore need a separate registration and fee.   Also,  the EA Anglian Region registration year runs from 1st Apr to 31st Mar not Jan to Dec like the Thames!!!  The River Cam is different again and requires a Cam licence.   

You couldn't make this up could you.  It really is ridiculous but as said earlier would take a host of Acts of Parliament to resolve which will not happen.   

On 25/06/2017 at 08:36, LadyG said:

Are you sure about that, the CART specifically point out that change of ownership means change of licence , from their website :-

You said you wanted the Thames which is where the boat is from what I understood 

"Yep, plus, I want to visit Oxford, ramble around, visit museums. The upper Thames sounds delightful, I can imagine myself tootling along, pottering, painting, a bit of boatlife gardening., and general chill out..........."