Featured Posts

I have a photo of her as a house boat at Thorne in 1975. By 2000 she was on the bank at Sheffield and became a restoration project for training young people. Unfortunately, those in charge do not seem to have appreciated the skills necessary, and the work undertaken was of very poor quality. I was asked to look at her in 2004, by which time she was probably in too poor a condition for restoration, though I did make an extensive photographic record. I think she must have been broken up shortly afterwards.

Dorothy Pax.jpg

• 1 month later...

Good Morning, so sorry for the late response.

I would be very, very interested in seeing some of the archive pics you took.  Let me explain a little, I'm opening a bar/restaurant in Victoria Quays, Sheffield.  We have built the bar out of some of the timbers bought to refurbish DP and I still have some of the old timbers from the Boat itself.  We're called The Dorothy Pax after the historic boat.  Perhaps we can meet up?  Here's my email address:  dorothypax@gmail.com

All the very best, Richard.

ps:  I live on a wb in Jonathan Wilson's Yard.