Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Strawberry Orange Banana Lime Leaf Slate Sky Blueberry Grape Watermelon Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
suevolpe@gmail.com

RN DM3 problems

Featured Posts

hi all, new to the forum but have been living on a NB for the past 20 years moored on the GU south near bulls bridge. i have a RN DM3 (which i love) i generally do my own servicing oil / filters etc and have had many years of trouble free cruising. Having just dome the london ring i noticed a clicking coming for the water pump and a slight leak. i confess this is beyond my mechanicing skills so my question is does anyone know / recommend an engineer with RN experience in this area.

many thanks

Sue    

Firstly, I envy you your DM3, as will many others here.

I can suggest two courses of action for you:

Join the RN Register http://www.rnregister.org.uk (£12 pa) then discuss your problem with the knowledgeable people on the RNR forum, they may well be able to help you sort the problem yourself.

Or contact Ian Crompton (07831 841108) or Richard Milligan (07973 826260) who are RNR recommended engineers.

2 hours ago, rupertbear said:

Firstly, I envy you your DM3, as will many others here.

Yep!

R.N.'s telephone number is 01327 700023.

sue.

hi in reading I assume you have a mechcanical water pump - there is a small grease cup - i assume you check/fill daily as required,,, I didnt realise that and mine let rip,,, and self destructed,,, I replaced with and electrical central heating pump (small marine type)  wasnt that cheap but 8 years since,,

without knowing how yours is plumbed in,,, i cant be specific,,, but mine was a dm3,,, so sympathise

cheers john

Youll prob find the same as mine the water pump valves will be marked from years of use! They need to be moved around abit. You may even find swapping the valves from the bilge pump is better, the clicking is the valve getting stuck and the other hitting it mine was a miss beat noise as it would get stuck randomly i swapped with bilge one as these had hardly any use so will make both pumps last another 80 years