ENGINE LAVAL 108B

Featured Posts

Good evening You know something about this engine, I'm looking for information in writing.

https://i58.servimg.com/u/f58/19/63/13/44/p1020214.jpg

I am sorry. They did not introduce me. I am passionate about the old engines. Recovered from scrap LAVAL 108 B. The ship has already been destroyed. From Spain, thanks for letting me in

Sorry for my english translation google

Well it looks to me like a hot-bulb semi-diesel. A two stroke engine you start by heating the outer end of the hot bulb with a blowtorch to bright orange for ten minutes,  then bouncing the flywheel back and forth against the compression until it starts.

A type of engine that is both a bundle of trouble and delight to own and run.

Do you own it already or are you considering buying it?

Edited by Mike the Boilerman

Looking through books on "filling losening" power units  the Wichmann #AB range is very similar It shows no listing for either Alfa or just Laval units but it could be badged as that they seemed to have a VP propeller set up rather than a gear box & were a Norwegian company, the listing shows a very similar motor with a build date of just pre WW2 Wichmann went bankrupt in 1976 but were kept going by State cash until bought by Wartsila MF in 1986 The Wicihmann motor was also listed  under the Rupp name so possibly  bit of badge engineering going on. I remember seeing a  milking parlour at a vintage agri show powered by a 1 pot semi diesel but didn't take a lot of notice re the power plant

1 hour ago, X Alan W said:

Looking through books on "filling losening" power units  the Wichmann #AB range is very similar It shows no listing for either Alfa or just Laval units but it could be badged as that they seemed to have a VP propeller set up rather than a gear box & were a Norwegian company, the listing shows a very similar motor with a build date of just pre WW2 Wichmann went bankrupt in 1976 but were kept going by State cash until bought by Wartsila MF in 1986 The Wicihmann motor was also listed  under the Rupp name so possibly  bit of badge engineering going on. I remember seeing a  milking parlour at a vintage agri show powered by a 1 pot semi diesel but didn't take a lot of notice re the power plant

Alfa Laval are a very old company, but I only know of them because they manufactured milking equipment.

Thank you for your answers. It's an Alfa Laval. This engine belongs to a wooden fishing boat of twelve meters in length and six meters of sleeve, in Catalonia near Barcelona
1 minute ago, JOSE SANCHEZ FUENTES said:

Thank you for your answers. It's an Alfa Laval. This engine belongs to a wooden fishing boat of twelve meters in length and six meters of sleeve, in Catalonia near Barcelona

On 30/5/2017 at 22:32, Mike the Boilerman said:

What a DELIGHTFUL engine!

I had no idea Gardner made such things. No mention in my "History of Gardner" book. Is it the same Gardner?

Yes Lord is a GARDNER stationary engine.
It was in the trash.
And two years of work manufacturing parts and.
It works.
E had to manufacture handmade pieces mind as it was in the 1920s

• 2 weeks later...

I know all you need to know, it will bump you up and down go boom boom boom and make you spill your tea! And if your luck it will be like having a second wife, shell scream, shout and moan but thell be the one day it will listen and be a dream to be with!