Grand Union, Leicester LIne

Featured Posts

Went for a jolly last weekend, set off from Ansty Thursday evening and ended up at Crick Sunday night, via Braunston.

WP_20170513_11_56_00_Pro_LI.jpg

Spotted the £180k boat, was going to offer mine as part Ex and a promise of paying weekly, but not sure he would have gone for it.

WP_20170513_12_25_36_Pro_LI.jpg

Have been down to Norton junction a few times but never made the turn before, glad i did as its a lovely stretch of canal, moored up Saturday night just before Welton Marina in a nice quite spot, no other boats about and no noise from the close roads/railway and glad i did, was ace waking up in the morning with just the sounds of the birds singing.

WP_20170513_18_06_24_Pro_LI.jpg

Also didnt realise that watford is a staircase, which is a first for me, well a first proper staircase, had to wait an hour to go up but as the sun was shining we managed to clean the windows and brush down the roof.

Got a bit confused with the red and white bit but the Vlockie pointed me in the right direction, as well as telling me off for leaving the handle on the winding gear!

WP_20170514_11_49_09_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20170514_13_25_42_Pro_LI.jpg

Once past the main roads the canal opens up and the vistas were lovely with fields of sheep and lambs.

WP_20170514_13_45_44_Pro.jpg

WP_20170514_13_50_32_Pro_LI.jpg

WP_20170514_14_04_24_Pro_LI.jpg

Managed to moor up after crick and thats where i will stay now till a week Sunday, doing the crick show Saturday then moving back through braunston and heading towards the Stratford for a jolly in a few weeks down the Avon.

Help yourselves to correct any spelling mistkaes Mods, i dont mind ;)

We like that part of the system. Lovely ain't it?

We also like Llangollen,the L&L,the South Oxford,the Shroppie.

We are to find if we like the Birmingham parts of the system during the next month or so.

• Greenie 1

I remember mooring in the middle of the summit pound one year,  miles from anywhere.

Once it went dark, the number of stars visible was absolutely astonishing, at least for someone who lived close to London at that time. Virtually no light pollution despite the proximity of big towns like Daventry and Leicester.

6 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Lovely little stretch, will be going for a cruise up the market harborough arm this weekend i think, then back to crick.

Market Harbrough is a very please town. Moor either in the basin or. Go in turn and moor othe way out. Worth a walk into town.

21 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Market Harbrough is a very please town. Moor either in the basin or. Go in turn and moor othe way out. Worth a walk into town.

With an option of a short bus ride back to a stop just before the basin if you are carry heavy bags of shopping.