Richard Saillet/Mr. canalshop jailed for eight years for violent sexual assault.

Starcoaster

Featured Posts

6 minutes ago, colinlune said:

Sadly no longer being a Director won't change his shareholding and I an't see Richard giving it up willingly.  Will monitor companies house and see if he gives up his shareholding too though even that won't mean a bean if there is a side-deal somewhere :-/

His shareholding is meaningless if more directors are appointed (one, even) in his 'absence'. He can be voted down. Profits can be 're-invested' in the company, salaries increased, dividends set to zero and he can do nothing about it.  

New member Eco-admin (who is now sending me unsolicited  pm's here too and still doesn't seem to have got to grips with defamation law) might be able to confirm the shareholder and directorate status of Richard Saillet for us pending the Companies House update.

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 20:48, Mike the Boilerman said:

His shareholding is meaningless if more directors are appointed (one, even) in his 'absence'. He can be voted down. Profits can be 're-invested' in the company, salaries increased, dividends set to zero and he can do nothing about it.  

Depends what's in shareholders articles?

He may be able to block more directors. And other things.

6 minutes ago, mark99 said:

Depends what's in shareholders articles?

He may be able to block more directors. And other things.

Good point, but a little unlikely if they bought an 'off the shelf' pre-formed company and changed the name. OTOH if he was mindful of his offending even at the time of company formation and thought ahead he just might have had something like this written in.

Aren't they called "Articles of Association" though? Or have things changed since I last studied company law 30 years ago?!

(On the other, other hand offenders generally think they won't get caught rather than plan for it, so I understand.)

24 minutes ago, Starcoaster said:

New member Eco-admin (who is now sending me unsolicited  pm's here too and still doesn't seem to have got to grips with defamation law) might be able to confirm the shareholder and directorate status of Richard Saillet for us pending the Companies House update.

How are they sending you PM's they have no posts yet?

2 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

How are they sending you PM's they have no posts yet?

An interesting question. For a long time 5 posts needed to have been made to use the PM system but this was recently reduced to 2 posts. Has it now been reduced to zero?

That is a very good point actually! Perhaps ze mods can comment. I thought the five post rule was also designed partially to stop people joining simply to message people for their own agendas rather than using it as a side benefit of contributing to the forum.  More than happy to let the mods have the pm...

3 minutes ago, Starcoaster said:

That is a very good point actually! Perhaps ze mods can comment. I thought the five post rule was also designed partially to stop people joining simply to message people for their own agendas rather than using it as a side benefit of contributing to the forum.  More than happy to let the mods have the pm...

This is a day to remember,  the day Monkey made a good point :)

Thanks all I will always remember this day

• Greenie 3

6 minutes ago, tree monkey said:

This is a day to remember,  the day Monkey made a good point :)

Thanks all I will always remember this day

Have a green star.

Or perhaps you would prefer an banana

Edited by rusty69

54 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Good point, but a little unlikely if they bought an 'off the shelf' pre-formed company and changed the name. OTOH if he was mindful of his offending even at the time of company formation and thought ahead he just might have had something like this written in.

Aren't they called "Articles of Association" though? Or have things changed since I last studied company law 30 years ago?!

(On the other, other hand offenders generally think they won't get caught rather than plan for it, so I understand.)

Articles of Association yes and Shareholders Agreement.

I know of one where nowt could be voted in/out without the founder member having final casting vote.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

I find lots of fings have changed in the last thirty years Mike. Have you tried out this new fangled lecctricity stuff? apparently it bites!!

8 minutes ago, mrsmelly said:

I find lots of fings have changed in the last thirty years Mike. Have you tried out this new fangled lecctricity stuff? apparently it bites!!

We weren't discussing 'lots of things', we were discussing specifically whether the foundation document of a Ltd company called for centuries the "Articles of Association" had recently been renamed "Shareholders Articles". Do you know if this is the case?

1 minute ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

We weren't discussing 'lots of things', we were discussing specifically whether the foundation document of a Ltd company called for centuries the "Articles of Association" had recently been renamed "Shareholders Articles". Do you know if this is the case?

No idea it sounds boring. One of my kids would know though she is a boffin on such law including eu law bless her amongst her other qualifications. She is a good kid and gives up two days a month to a charity that helps people who cannot afford legal representation when big companies take the piss out of people. 

2 hours ago, Starcoaster said:

Companies House shows a "Confirmation Statement" date 24 April 2017 which records that there are two shares and that Susanne and Richard Saillet each holds "not more than 50% of the shares in the company". So as of less than a month ago, they owned half each.

3 hours ago, Starcoaster said:

There's a 'report' button on PMs ya know :)

On 2017-5-12 at 18:28, mrsmelly said:

Completely agree especialy when you factor in that 4 years will be knocked off as standard anyway if he is a good boy whilst there. I can assure you there will be others there is no way he will have been convicted for all offences he has commited, absolutely no way.

the bloke should be arrested for ripping of people as well, ripped us off for £3000

• Greenie 1

I also found 25p (plus VAT) per unit of electricity rather flagrant too... I looked into what recourse I had over this given that it is theoretically verboten to sell mains electric on at a profit (unless you declare it as a separate service charge), but without knowing who their electricity supply firm was I found there was little I could do.

2 hours ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Ooh now I'm intrigued. Can you outline what happened please?

Paintjobsgonewrong.com

19 hours ago, Starcoaster said:

I also found 25p (plus VAT) per unit of electricity rather flagrant too... I looked into what recourse I had over this given that it is theoretically verboten to sell mains electric on at a profit (unless you declare it as a separate service charge), but without knowing who their electricity supply firm was I found there was little I could do.

Paintjobsgonewrong.com

Got it in one, so called paint job, he is a low life worm hope he gets what's coming to him. 

• Greenie 1

It appears, Starcoaster, you and I have had particularly intimate dealings with this creep.  Fiero was the hire boat to which he took his elderly 'conquests' and that's one of the reasons Susanne (her parents couldn't afford a z) aka Jennifer would always insist on going out on Anjou.  He's been at it for years. In fact every computer in the firm had filters to stop him going on dating sites.  

• Greenie 1

It was just such an open secret, wasn't it. I was told all of this mad stuff about him when I first met him, and I just thought that it was too implausible to have anything but the faintest element of truth to it, but nope. He never even really tried that hard to cover his ass did he, I really think he thought he was invincible.