Solar Panels - 110 / 120 / 130 Watt + 20% efficiency

sirweste

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

Thanks guys.  Actually, i had another search this morning after reading Pete's post above and found 'buypvdirect' too - located in Wisbech, it seems. 

I have an issue I should probably learn to get over - when I find something I'm interested in on the web but I can't find out about their delivery charges until I've provided them with all of my details, I move on.  Post Code I understand, but full name and address, telephone number and other details I baulk at.  I can't even guess how many companies have lost my custom because of that - or how much more I've paid to buy from another company who doesn't do it!  Anyway, I bit the bullet and entered false details.

In case anyone else can use the information, Shipping is £98.00 +VAT.  Total for one panel, including shipping and VAT - £356.40.

I usually just phone 'em up, especially with lesser known sellers, helps give an impression beyond the website alone.

I think Navitron would work out a bit cheaper (£280 + £50 deliv), trouble is a panel of that size needs a large pallet or own company van delivery.

Edited by smileypete

Have you thought of looking on Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-household-goods/solar-panels-250-260-watt.-german-solarworld-s-or-trina-solar.-as-new-never-installed/1232666002

I'm currently looking at getting a boat and then putting solar panels on the roof.  I work for a Solar Panel company so i know how energy efficient they are.

Hope this helps

6 minutes ago, JulesE said:

Have you thought of looking on Gumtree: https://www.gumtree.com/p/other-household-goods/solar-panels-250-260-watt.-german-solarworld-s-or-trina-solar.-as-new-never-installed/1232666002

I'm currently looking at getting a boat and then putting solar panels on the roof.  I work for a Solar Panel company so i know how energy efficient they are.

Hope this helps

Its a good way to get panel on the cheap(especially if they are new/never fitted).

I got a couple of new Panasonic Hits last year for 100 quid each on Ebay.

On 17/05/2017 at 11:45, JulesE said:

Hope this helps

I'm not sure that necessarily follows!

What do you mean by 'efficient' anyway? Anything that harvests free solar energy is 'efficient' in that the energy is free, but as I understand it solar panels harvest less than 20% of the solar energy landing on them. 

This makes them very inefficient in the technical sense.

7 hours ago, JulesE said:

Hope this helps

Jules, can you confirm what if any affiliation you have to these panels which are for sale? Is it you who is selling them? In which case at very least they should be in the forsale area not a general thread. If it is a commercial sale it required permission from myself as the site owner. Thanks.

Daniel