22 Moorings

mark99

Featured Posts

10 hours ago, john6767 said:

The moorings are where there used to be a caravan park until it flooded a number of years ago.  I think it is just moorings now, with a nice view of the M5.

The caravans are still at Bredon Marina, the other side of Bredon Dock. There have only been moorings at the Old Rectory.

The Old Rectory is about 30' higher than the river. If that ever floods, then most of Tewkesbury would be under 30' of water!

12 minutes ago, Dorlan said:

The caravans are still at Bredon Marina, the other side of Bredon Dock. There have only been moorings at the Old Rectory.

The Old Rectory is about 30' higher than the river. If that ever floods, then most of Tewkesbury would be under 30' of water!

The one that I was thinking of is the one circled, that used to have caravans on the field as well as the moorings.

Untitled.jpg.3a2ac09f7cdcced1a9bf6a791292f958.jpg

4 hours ago, Dorlan said:

True the EA flood map linked above does state low risk.

Edited by mark99

Zone 1 is like, everywhere in the UK that is not prone to flooding... It is the default for places that are not at any predictable risk

"Areas deemed to be in flood zone 1 have been shown to be at less than 0.1% chance of flooding in any year, this is sometimes known as having a 1:1000 year chance." It's like, the zero rating.

If I had the money, I'd totally buy it and take my chances of staying dry in the 600 and odd year old building as pretty high! Though, I may wonder what kind of parties the prior owner had, given the bedroom with the two double beds in it...

Edited by Starcoaster

11 hours ago, john6767 said:

The one that I was thinking of is the one circled, that used to have caravans on the field as well as the moorings.

Untitled.jpg.3a2ac09f7cdcced1a9bf6a791292f958.jpg

Yes there were caravans there when my parents moored there in the 70s. One winter the boat almost washed away whilst on a hard standing.