Amber Boats

Featured Posts

Joy at last, a response from Amber assuring me that all will be resolved

Interesting considering the response came after the owner of amber himself posted in this thread. Shame it occurs only after public complaint and the fear of a tarnished reputation.

I'm pleased it's being sorted for you.

I've just come back from Crick and I've got to say that for the money Amber Boats were the best that I saw. They've got a 57' x 10' widebeam on display for £99,950 fully fitted with a Shire 65hp and a 14mm baseplate / uxter plate. The bowthruster tube is also 14mm thick! (athough they've told me this is overspecified and they've had trouble fitting the BT because of the wall thickness so they will be reducing it).

Compare this to the New Boat Co Aqualine 60' x 10' widebeam also built in Poland. Fully fitted with an Izusu 55, for £121,950. Northwich's widebeam offerings also didn't seem as good value in my opinion.

Edit: I don't have any connection to the above companies apart from own boat being from NBC - just reporting what I saw.

Edited by blackrose

• 5 years later...

Hello! Just came across this forum when looking up Amber Boats as I'm going to look at one this weekend. It's now 2014 so who knows.. maybe you guys aren't even on here anymore, maybe the bickering got too much for you! Anyway, it's a 2008 Paris 62' model. Seems a decent price, just wondered if there was anything I should be aware of?!?!?

I just had a look at Narrowcraft's web site and they do not appear to be building boats in Poland any more. Indeed, they do not appear to be doing anything: the web site will display only a home page, pressing the buttons for other sections such as "services" and "web cam" gives no result, and I presume that the company is at best dormant.

Hello! I think I have come to this discussion quite late and may not be posting on the correct one. I saw a mention of Amber Boats. My partner and I have just bought one of their boats and one of the internal sliding doors has been removed. I've been told the wall can be changed and a swing door fitted but I would really prefer to find the same door. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

This is our first boat and first home we have owned so please bear with me if I seem a little slow on things!

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it! smile.png

Welcome, Ruth.

Perhaps a local carpenter can make a replacement door for you (I assume it's wooden) of a DIY store may stock one which will fit. If you are more clever with computers than I am, perhaps you could post a photo of the door which is still there, so we can get a clearer notion of what we're looking for.

I just had a look at Narrowcraft's web site and they do not appear to be building boats in Poland any more. Indeed, they do not appear to be doing anything: the web site will display only a home page, pressing the buttons for other sections such as "services" and "web cam" gives no result, and I presume that the company is at best dormant.

A little bit of history here

http://www.alvecotemarina.co.uk/about-us/history/

Hello! I think I have come to this discussion quite late and may not be posting on the correct one. I saw a mention of Amber Boats. My partner and I have just bought one of their boats and one of the internal sliding doors has been removed. I've been told the wall can be changed and a swing door fitted but I would really prefer to find the same door. Does anyone know where I can get hold of one?

This is our first boat and first home we have owned so please bear with me if I seem a little slow on things!

Thank you for any help, I really appreciate it! smile.png

Maybe contact Heritage Boats?(Amber Boats) I'd guess they'll take the details of your boat and be able to supply the correct door.

• 2 weeks later...