Barging brits in the sun

max's son

Featured Posts

8 hours ago, Dave Payne said:

Nick's attempts to find a female companion were obviously a source of amusement to the presenter, especially at the Elvis show in the pub. When he asked why Nick was having so little success compared with the Elvis impersonator. it occured to me that if Nick shed his flat cap, scarf. and goaty beard, and donned a glitter suit and a black wig he might receive more attention from the ladies!!

On 28/04/2017 at 22:29, MHS said:

Awful program. Is it a one off?

We moored at Aqueduct Marina a couple of years back, and Carl and Helena (on Gribble) moored there. In the real world, they are really good fun. 

I'm not an Elvis fan, but Paul the Elvis impersonator is very good, if you get a chance to see him. 

Just watched the recorded video of the programe. If as you say the owners of "Gribble" are good fun people, why did they come across on the program as arrogant GRP boat owners, Newbie haters + the quote early on in the program that she would " scare the s**t" out of any other boat owner/steerer coming near their boat in the marina, & again later in the program something about torpedo's would be nice to "crunch"GRP cruisiers It may have all been tongue in cheek,  but as a so called program about canal boating to me it didn't give a good impression it would be better to have been titled "Nightmare Boater in the marina"I think I'm a reasonably tolerant person & no way could/would I be persuaded to come across on TV as anything different The only people seemingly enjoying it were the Chas Harden hirers in tent on getting to Trevor & the Elvis impersonator although he was worried about sticky hand marks on the ass of his trousers. Mind at the prices quoted for his suits in his position I probably would have been too.