Filling Holes in the Roof

Featured Posts

My boat currently has a satellite dish attached to the roof (the plastic dome shape that most people walking past seem to think of as some kind of radar!). I want to repaint the roof and at the same time move the 'dome' to a less obtrusive area. It is screwed and glued down at the moment with just 4 self tapping screws but of course when I remove these it will leave 4 small holes. What is the best way to fill these holes?

Thanks !

• Greenie 1

I too have used car body filler, or aradite mixed with a bit of talcum powder. Both work well. Another trick is to araldite the screws back into the hole, then grind the heads off when araldite has set. Finish off with a smear of body filler etc. I have used these methods without problems.

Brilliant!! You know that expression "can't see the wood for the trees" that is where I was with my roof. I was thinking along the lines of having to do some sort of spot welding or something like that. Never considered car body filler or leaving the screws in.

Right, now I can start planning that much neede roof refurbishment.

As ever, many thanks .........