Moorings at Maesbury

sal garfi

Featured Posts

Hello,

Some years ago I was looking at the possibility of getting a mooring on the mill arm feeder at Maesbury Marsh, then owned by Maesbury Marine. I gather that they went bust, or moved on, so does anyone know if moorings can still be had along the feeder since I would like to eventually move my boat closer to Wales, where I live.

Cheers,

Sal

Thanks for the links Graham, but I've just googled Maesbury Marine to confirm, and they were dissolved in 2014. Also, Canal Central has no moorings. It's only a tea shop with a small campsite and other amenities. Though I can always ring them up to enquire about the moorings.

2 hours ago, sal garfi said:

Thanks for the links Graham, but I've just googled Maesbury Marine to confirm, and they were dissolved in 2014. Also, Canal Central has no moorings. It's only a tea shop with a small campsite and other amenities. Though I can always ring them up to enquire about the moorings.

Canal central as far as I am aware have no connection with the moorings, there used to be a boat moored offside opposite the shop and they might have a contact number for the farmer.

Best bet is to pop down to the moorings and ask around tbh, I am not in the area anymore otherwise I would have myself,  nice excuse for a wander

3 hours ago, tree monkey said:

Canal central as far as I am aware have no connection with the moorings, there used to be a boat moored offside opposite the shop and they might have a contact number for the farmer.

Best bet is to pop down to the moorings and ask around tbh, I am not in the area anymore otherwise I would have myself,  nice excuse for a wander

Was still moored there last summer.

Well.., I guess before I go to Maesbury, I'll give Canal Central a ring to see if they can tell me anything about the moorings. I believe that there's also a farm at Tetchill, on the way to Ellesmere, that has moorings.