Inverter

brickie

Featured Posts

Hi 

I have a mastervolt inverter charger and recently noticed that the temperature sensor wire had somehow been severed. When traced back to the engine bay I found that it wasn't connected to anything but on the end there was a small box marked battery. The inverter seems to work perfectly well although the starter battery to the Mastervolt generator has gone flat. So my question is. Does this sensor cable have any bearing on the inverter performance.?

17 minutes ago, brickie said:

Hi 

I have a mastervolt inverter charger and recently noticed that the temperature sensor wire had somehow been severed. When traced back to the engine bay I found that it wasn't connected to anything but on the end there was a small box marked battery. The inverter seems to work perfectly well although the starter battery to the Mastervolt generator has gone flat. So my question is. Does this sensor cable have any bearing on the inverter performance.?

Usually temperature sensors on batteries are there to allow a charger to adjust it's output to compensate for different battery charging rates at different temperatures.

the mastervolt would be unusual if it made use of the temp sensor while operating as an inverter