Yellow Duck Marine - Liverpool Docks

rogerb

Featured Posts

Having read some disparaging remarks about this operation in the forum I decided to road test Yellow Duck Marine when I had time on my hands this week.

These are World War 2 amphibious landing craft that do a half hour tour of the city by road to show you the sights followed by a half hour cruise of the South Docks - the highlight of the trip is when you go down the slipway at about 25 mph and hit the water - exciting no matter what age you are.

Amusing commentary by the tour guide - full boats and people waiting for the next one - a professional, well run operation

Not cheap at £12 per adult but well worth it. Marks 10/10

Roger

Nice one Martin.

We use to drive these things years ago when I worked for Land & Marine here on the Wirral. I'll be giving the grankids a treat when I get back home & a nostalgic one for meself.

Out of interest did the rudder look anything like this

Rudder

I've often contemplated copying it on my boat.

Edited by Captain Haddock

Having read some disparaging remarks about this operation in the forum I decided to road test Yellow Duck Marine when I had time on my hands this week.

These are World War 2 amphibious landing craft that do a half hour tour of the city by road to show you the sights followed by a half hour cruise of the South Docks - the highlight of the trip is when you go down the slipway at about 25 mph and hit the water - exciting no matter what age you are.

Amusing commentary by the tour guide - full boats and people waiting for the next one - a professional, well run operation

Not cheap at £12 per adult but well worth it. Marks 10/10

Roger

We took a ride on the yellow duck a few months ago although I agree it was bit exspensive it was well worth the trip to see some parts of Liverpool that you would have never walked to and have somebody explaining the history.

Andy

We took a ride on the yellow duck a few months ago although I agree it was bit exspensive it was well worth the trip to see some parts of Liverpool that you would have never walked to and have somebody explaining the history.

Andy

We had a go a while back too.

Was a really great way to see the place.. as we were only staying up there on a quick visit anyway.

I think the price was reasonable considering you can get into (or could when we were there) museums suchs as the maritime one for free

it was good fun when the ducks rushed into the water down the slipway and the wash reached our boats that were on the new pontoons at the dock last year , this year we have been told our boats will be breasted up six boat width so access back to the outer breasted boat should be a bit dodgy after sampling the night life.

it was good fun when the ducks rushed into the water down the slipway and the wash reached our boats that were on the new pontoons at the dock last year , this year we have been told our boats will be breasted up six boat width so access back to the outer breasted boat should be a bit dodgy after sampling the night life.

Which day this week do you travel in convoy along the Mersey to arrive at Albert Dock?

What time to you set off and arrive?

I will try to be there to wave you in.

Roger