New theme

RichM

Featured Posts

2 hours ago, mross said:

That is an Apple thing, I don't think you can blame the website.  My wife's iFad has a touch keyboard that does not show you whether it will type in upper or lower case.  Its habit of capitalising the first word is a real PITA when you are entering usernames or passwords!

It may well be an Apple thing but this 'new' forum is the only place it happens. New para gives a leading cap everywhere else i frequent including TB. 

4 minutes ago, Mike the Boilerman said:

Me too. Blue is the KORRECT colour for CWF, obvs. There is something wrong with peeps who want it different!

why do we have a convention where blue is the appropriate colour for canals?  grey or dirty green might be more appropriate.  B)

gays and girls might appreciate pink; is there something wrong with them? :rolleyes: 

3 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

why do we have a convention where blue is the appropriate colour for canals?  grey or dirty green might be more appropriate.  B)

gays and girls might appreciate pink; is there something wrong with them? :rolleyes: 

Good point. "Goose shit green" would be especially appropriate!

4 hours ago, Nightwatch said:

Do all gays and girls like pink?

I don't know.  are you gay or a girl? - maybe you could throw some light on the matter.  :rolleyes:

I learned the other day that blue and pink have only recently become the conventional colours for boys and girls - apparently it used to be the other way round.  B)   confirmed below:

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/2014/10/pink-used-common-color-boys-blue-girls/

President FDR was a very pretty little girl!

Edited by Murflynn

What has happened to the default theme.  It is not showing it in the list and the Shift theme, which is a disaster on iPad is the default. Can we have the original one back, preferable with a smaller logo at the top, but is unusable now.

15 minutes ago, john6767 said:

Thanks it is now but was not when I made the post!

Snap, ridiculous when you get offered a variation, aren't interested,  and all of a sudden you get the variation  anyway whether you like it or not, and have to find out from guruRoss how to get back to the one you were happy with anyway.

Edited by matty40s

Thanks for the feedback.

I posted an announcement last week of our intention to launch a new theme. Going further back to the upgrade last month, we advised from the onset that the upgrade would be a work in progress in that we would launch the update, review feedback and then implement improvements based on the feedback given. This enabled us to perform the mandatory upgrade quickly and we appreciate those who came along for the journey.

We hope most people will enjoy the new theme but fully appreciate that some may prefer the previous theme. As such, you can revert back to the last one by clicking the "Theme" link at the bottom of the page, followed by selecting "Legacy". I would of course suggest giving the new one a try. - If you decide it's not your cup of tea, then of course you can revert back to the last theme. :)

I think it's a given that we cannot possibly please everyone no matter how hard we try to do so but we hope to alleviate this to some extent by providing choice.

We have also introduced other improvements based on user feedback. These are mentioned in my announcement posted here.

Best,
RichM

"securing our future going forward"   Feels like I am back at work rather than living on a historic waterway, can we not have a plain English policy, or at least stick to jargon like uxter plates and lock hobblers?.

............Dave

Sorry if you don't like the wording Dave, I added that line, but ultimately myself and Rich along with the other staff are doing what we can to provide the best forum we can.

The feedback to us was clear the new skin was an overall improvement andthat they preferred the behaviour of the  previous 'veiw new content' to the new 'veiw unread content', but further more people felt it was important that the defaults where the improved version, both for new and less tech savvy members.

That is what we have decided to put in place and the change you have seen today.

However we also respect some members will have got used to the earlier theme, and so we have retained that as an option.

Daniel

9 hours ago, RichM said:

There is, you click on the flag icon next to where it says the time stamp of the post in question 

IMG_4644.PNG

I did send you a message regarding this a couple of days ago Rich.

Thank you, ,it certainly wasn't obvious to me on a mobile.

2 minutes ago, Murflynn said:

we used to have post reference nos. which were useful when referring back to a relevant post.  

these seem to have disappeared.  

to be of any use they would need to be visible to all (not just an option). 

I agree I would find them more or less essential in the long run.   They help you to find the post you want to comment on and often just referring to the post number prevents a lot of copy and pasting.